Arctic Fox Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
muldo
Outfitter

Re: Arctic Fox Missions

Post by muldo »

Howdy Hoo. Paste from completed missions. Description

This will be your ultimate test, it's time to put everything you have learned so far to use. With the upcoming competitions your skills need to be sharp so treat this as your final exam. You will be tested with every type of ammunition. I will have a generous reward waiting for you once you completed all of them.
Objectives

Harvest an Arctic Fox with any bow.
Harvest an Arctic Fox with any crossbow.
Harvest an Arctic Fox with buckshot.
Harvest an Arctic Fox with any .243 or .223 rifle.
Harvest an Arctic Fox with any permitted revolver.
Rewards

1800 gm$
Last edited by muldo on May 30th, 2016, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

muldo wrote:Had to run and call for the 80m fox, used the .223, as the iron sights on the .243 are awful after the change. First fox at 92, then 112 [fluke} and last one at 88. I did see a blue at about 100m but "missed" several times, although I did get a letter from his Docness. Best of luck.
Glad to hear someone has done the 80, so not impossible. Reminds me of when the object was to shoot a whitetail with a bow at 80m. That one, and the flying goose with a long bow sure messed up my stats on both. :(

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

muldo wrote:Howdy Hoo. Paste from completed missions. Description

This will be your ultimate test, it's time to put everything you have learned so far to use. With the upcoming competitions your skills need to be sharp so treat this as your final exam. You will be tested with every type of ammunition. I will have a generous reward waiting for you once you completed all of them.
Objectives

Harvest an Arctic Fox with any bow.
Harvest an Arctic Fox with any crossbow.
Harvest an Arctic Fox with buckshot.
Harvest an Arctic Fox with any .243 or .223 rifle.
Harvest an Arctic Fox with any permitted revolver.
Rewards

1800 gm$
Great thanks!

I contacted EW by the way to fix the gm$ rewards and they will. So the wiki will say 3600gm$ for this one.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

phil1 wrote:A good position for a tripod for the shivers Mission:
Whoever designed this mission is a *******.

Edit: Really? Odd word to censor.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
phil1 wrote:A good position for a tripod for the shivers Mission:
I have two like that set up in WRR. My problem (the 40 & the 60 were relatively easy) is that I can't see a fox at 80 meters. Just a teenie white speck that the gun sight covers completely (tried the .243..that sight is huge..got the 40 & the 60 with the .223) so I have to guess if I'm on the kill zone. I've wounded several, but no instant kills. (Letters from Doc are getting annoying) I'm not yet ready to drag a tri-pod around to see if I can find one on the black sand that is more than 80 meters away, but even so, the sights cover the animal at that distance.

If someone has a better idea, I'm interested. ;)
I can't remember which weapon I used, but I was having a lot of trouble with the 80m+, so I took my weapon of choice to the rifle range and practiced at the target nearest the 80+m distance without a scope. I found I was shooting low, it worked for me, I think I got my second fox after that. Just a thought.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

.243 Image .223 Bolt Image .223 Semi Image

Looks like the .243 has the best scope for the Arctic Fox mission to me. Tiny little front site. (and actually properly centered in the rear site)

The .223 Bolt Action site is off. Normally with this type of site you would align the front dot between the rear dots, and put the front dot on the target. Or the center of the top edge of the front blade. The aim point is actually below the green dot, and 1-2 pixels to the right.

I think I used the .223 Semi for the mission. The aim point is on the top of the blade, but also 1-2 pixels to the right.

P.S. The evil "mas-o-chist" that designed the really hard missions was Daniel. I think he would be proud hearing people say, "It's too hard" :D

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Tod1d wrote: P.S. The evil "mas-o-chist" that designed the really hard missions was Daniel. I think he would be proud hearing people say, "It's too hard" :D
Most of it is fine, the tripod is the part that sucks.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:P.S. The evil "mas-o-chist" that designed the really hard missions was Daniel. I think he would be proud hearing people say, "It's too hard" :D
But I think the evil "mas-o-chist" who came up with the idea was waiora. And he'll probably also be proud hearing people say "It's too hard". :P
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Tod1d wrote:P.S. The evil "mas-o-chist" that designed the really hard missions was Daniel. I think he would be proud hearing people say, "It's too hard" :D
But I think the evil "mas-o-chist" who came up with the idea was waiora. And he'll probably also be proud hearing people say "It's too hard". :P
Forgot about that :lol: Daniel was probably one of the ones who selected them. And I bet he had an evil grin when he read the difficult ones. :twisted:
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

I found it 'do-able', once I found the iron sights were off slightly, I used the 223 bolt but had to completely cover the fox with the middle sight. (Aim high)

Return to “Missions”