Arctic Fox Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Arctic Fox Missions

Post by Deconstructed »

Tod1d wrote:.243 Image .223 Bolt Image .223 Semi Image

Looks like the .243 has the best scope for the Arctic Fox mission to me. Tiny little front site. (and actually properly centered in the rear site)

The .223 Bolt Action site is off. Normally with this type of site you would align the front dot between the rear dots, and put the front dot on the target. Or the center of the top edge of the front blade. The aim point is actually below the green dot, and 1-2 pixels to the right.

I think I used the .223 Semi for the mission. The aim point is on the top of the blade, but also 1-2 pixels to the right.

P.S. The evil "mas-o-chist" that designed the really hard missions was Daniel. I think he would be proud hearing people say, "It's too hard" :D

Be Well
.243 made it much easier (had done the 40m with .223 and 60m with reverse draw). First shot with .243, little female even. Just put that middle line over her and dropped.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Just finished this one - tough mission set! Lots of challenges, lots of dead fox and put a silver trophy on the shelf as a bonus.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Radamus wrote:Just finished this one - tough mission set! Lots of challenges, lots of dead fox and put a silver trophy on the shelf as a bonus.
Congrats on the trophy Len. :)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Congrats on the trophy Len. :)
Thank you sir!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Well, one missions set i really enjoyed! Not so lucky as Len, to get a really nice fox, tho... :)
Spoiler:

waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Haha glad to hear some enjoyed the pack and some found it hard, The iron sights one was meant to be challenging. gm$ shouldn't come too easily. I did a full test on this before I submit it.

I had tons of practice shooting heart shots on black tails before at 50m + so I already had in mind how challenging it might be. Its just a matter of testing your sights at a range before attempting it. Like someone said they are usually a little off for each rifle and with the .243 you had to cover the fox(i haven't tested with the updated sights).

For those who struggle with it, when doing iron sight shots it is easier to lead the target slightly and let it walk into the cross hair. Making small adjustments is hard with the current mouse settings.
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

For mission #4, how Northeast is Northeast of the Tatanka Hot Springs?

I Love Big Racks
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

From the near northeast side, to as far as you can go...NE. You will get a popup from Doc I think.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Sometimes North-East is not really North-East: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=78559
Spoiler:

Lemmanski
Spotter

Post by Lemmanski »

An other tactic for the mission "shivers":
I set up my orange tent in an area with artic foxes and then installed my tripod +/- 85m away. I lured the foxes in front of the orange tent. That way they were better visible with the bright background.
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger... except bears. Bears will kill you ! :o

Return to “Missions”