Rougarou Bayou Travel Missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
muldo
Outfitter

Re: Rougarou Bayou Travel Missions

Post by muldo »

Glad to be of help. Good luck with mission 8, .303 and .30-30 needed for that.
Sergio Endrigo
Spotter

Post by Sergio Endrigo »

I was 12m near the Watchtower (Doc conformed me I'm in the right spot few minutes before) equipped with the 30-06, I called a pig which was far away, to the limit of the 220m, I brought it nearby. I shot at it, killed it and no message from Doc after that. Is this mission bugged or what ?
Bearded_Bushman
Spotter

Post by Bearded_Bushman »

I'm currently doing the last mission (Fin) I have killed 3 animals at knobby point, one with the pulsar while the 30.06 was equipped in the other slot, shot taken next to where you get notified you're at knobby point, right where my tent is and two kills with the 30.06 while at the same place and task is still not yet complete, I'd have to confirm this mission is bugged unless you are not allowed to kill them with the 30.06 yet the first attempt should have been allowed. Yes I did spawn at the Lodge, I even killed two pigs at Ella's Heart on the way down there, no task complete there either so I thought I had to do knobby point first, again I confirm this mission is bugged. :(
Last edited by Bearded_Bushman on June 27th, 2016, 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Australian Bushcraft, Bush Tucker, Survival, Tracking, Firecraft, Outdoor Gear, Photography, Fishing, Camping, Exploring Australia and it's Flora & Fauna.
Bearded_Bushman
Spotter

Post by Bearded_Bushman »

I just tried again, I spawned at the lodge, no task complete as I had previously achieved this on an earlier attempt at this mission, I walked to Ellas Heart while calling and leading a Feral Hog, I killed a WT doe with the Pulsar bow but not with the 30.06 equipped in the other slot, I equipped the 30.06 in place of the bow then shot the Feral Hog sow with the .300 and still no task complete for Ella's Heart. :\
Australian Bushcraft, Bush Tucker, Survival, Tracking, Firecraft, Outdoor Gear, Photography, Fishing, Camping, Exploring Australia and it's Flora & Fauna.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I've been tryin' this one lately, and I get notification when I kill an animal at either Ella's Heart and Knobby Point- the key here is to kill them with an instant kill(A True Hunter's Shot Salute) and using the .30.06 ofc. Wounded critters that run off don't seem to count. Not sure the Mission is needed to be done in one hunt. If so, that is brutal. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

The kills for the final mission "Fin" definitely need to be insta-drops. I don't know how strict the location co-ordinates are for a shot to count. The wiki states 30m, but the one for end of the Riverhead Landing Dock are definitely more strict. If you are taking a shot make sure you are very close to -3129, 7424 as half way along the pier wont cut it. I made sure I stayed right next to the blue boat at Laurent's Rest for the next part just in case there was a similar requirement. The easiest way to do this mission is to call a whitetail buck or doe to a setup point, and use a tent to respawn if this doesn't work out. This worked for every part of the mission except the last, as The Solitary End is drowning in hogs, but one got brain damaged in the end so it was all good.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Jimmy Rustle wrote:The kills for the final mission "Fin" definitely need to be insta-drops. I don't know how strict the location co-ordinates are for a shot to count. The wiki states 30m, but the one for end of the Riverhead Landing Dock are definitely more strict. If you are taking a shot make sure you are very close to -3129, 7424 as half way along the pier wont cut it. I made sure I stayed right next to the blue boat at Laurent's Rest for the next part just in case there was a similar requirement. The easiest way to do this mission is to call a whitetail buck or doe to a setup point, and use a tent to respawn if this doesn't work out. This worked for every part of the mission except the last, as The Solitary End is drowning in hogs, but one got brain damaged in the end so it was all good.
Hi Jimmy!! They don't need to be insta-kills. I did this mission recently and had one hog which was an intestine shot. I just stayed put at the spot for five minutes and waited until I got Doc's message that the task was complete, and then went and picked up the hog. Also, I found that the objectives do not have to be done in order except for starting at L'île du Canard Noir and finishing with the Solitary End, which must be done last. Thank you and Good Hunting to you!! ;)
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

Thanks for the reply and clarification Jimbocrow. If the kills don't have to be instant then the location tolerances for a qualifying shot are much stricter than "within 30m" stated by the wiki page.
I shot a female hog from on top of the embankment next to Fort Stillwater Watchtower (-3797, 8754). It was a left lung and stomach shot from -3799, 8771, which is 17.1m from the specified shot location. It ran a short distance and dropped. I didn't see any notification that the kill was good, so just harvested it as normal and concluded that if you don't get an instant kill then it's no good. In the next hunt I took down a whitetail doe with a double lung shot, this time from -3783, 8754, which is 16m from the watchtower co-ordinates, and was notified of a qualifying kill as soon as it dropped. If anyone is doing this mission and is frustrated that their kills aren't counted then make sure you don't wander too far from the specified mission co-ordinates, and check on the map before setting up a shot.
shooter19522

Post by shooter19522 »

I have just now finished doing this mission.
As I had earlier set up tents at all of these locations, it was easy to just start a new game & spawn in to the correct spot each time.
I carried the 30-06, A Tripod & the Deer, Hog & Caller for Bobcats/Bears.
Set up my tripod close to co-ordinates (Within 30m) gave a few hoots on the callers & waited for a reply.
Worked every time apart from Knobby's Point where I ended up shooting a swimming Mallard which upset Doc but still qualified for the mission.
Overall a very good & enjoyable mission pack :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Jimmy Rustle wrote:If the kills don't have to be instant then the location tolerances for a qualifying shot are much stricter than "within 30m" stated by the wiki page.
The kills do not have to be instant.

I cannot remember where this 30m info came from. I have removed it. Doc tells us anyway when in range.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Missions”