CSS in hunt history

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: CSS in hunt history

Post by JimboCrow »

Bort wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Bort wrote:How did you get the CSS score, Tod1d?
Calculated it. https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/CSS
That information doesn't seem very accurate when I compare some of the harvests I've gotten to what that information claims.
At least it's a suggestion on how to calculate CSS, that's great and it's absolutely wonderful of the person/people who created and manage a fandom wiki did all that work posting all of the info that's there! Without that info we probably wouldn't have any idea how it's calculated. The accuracy of info we find on any wiki might not be completely accurate.

Can a dev confirm that information's accuracy?
Maybe this topic should be requested in a support ticket?
I just calculated a Black bear I just killed and this formula worked perfectly. And I just calculated the Whitetail Deer on the previous page of this thread, and it is exactly correct as well. I don't think you need to contact support. This information is correct and has been used by players to accurately calculate their CSS for several years.

If you check to see how many gm$ you have received for your harvests, you can use this formula to compare every animal you have ever harvested. The amount of gm$ you receive is exactly equal to your CSS for that harvest, rounded up or down to a whole number. I have now calculated several different species I have harvested, and so far the formula and the values in Hoo's table are perfect. 10/10 ;)
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I'm suggesting asking support about where CSS is listed since nobody seems to know or ask that they include it if it isn't displayed somewhere.
I would be interested in that information as well. I find myself looking for it often after I leave a hunting session. I'd like to recap what I've gotten for the entire session and how much gm$ I was rewarded per animal without having to calculate it.

Currently, and for years, since that information isn't on the hunt history pages I've been alt+tabbing and entering the gm$ reward data in to a spreadsheet to keep track of it. I was mistaken that it was the same as the trophy score.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Bort wrote:I'm suggesting asking support about where CSS is listed since nobody seems to know or ask that they include it if it isn't displayed somewhere.
I would be interested in that information as well. I find myself looking for it often after I leave a hunting session. I'd like to recap what I've gotten for the entire session and how much gm$ I was rewarded per animal without having to calculate it.

Currently, and for years, since that information isn't on the hunt history pages I've been alt+tabbing and entering the gm$ reward data in to a spreadsheet to keep track of it. I was mistaken that it was the same as the trophy score.
Hi Bort!! CSS stands for Cross-Species Score. It is calculated from the actual Trophy Score of an animal using the formula and species multiplier to create a method to compare species with each other on an equal basis. That way a 262.4803 Sambar Deer (142.1045 CSS) can be directly compared to a 70.8689 Turkey (136.7682 CSS.) Some community hosts use it in their comps to be able to have several different species in one comp and compare them directly to each other. And, as you know, it's used to award the gm$ you get from each harvest.

Since like Harvest Value CSS is already on the harvest screen, it should also be on the Score Sheet, just as Harvest Value and Trophy Score are. EW, please fix this!! It is long overdue.
Last edited by JimboCrow on August 18th, 2021, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Hi, Jimbo!
I agree. I gave up looking for it if it is listed somewhere. It's apparently not listed anywhere or surely someone would know and share where to find it.

I've been having an email conversation on another topic with support staff. I'll mention and ask about it. It's relevant to the subject we're talking about.
I know the devs do monitor these forums but I don't know how often they do that. TIckets usually get a developers attention more than forum threads do, in general.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The formula in the wiki is the official formula by EW used in the game to calculate the CSS.

They never published it, but EW gave some wiki monkeys access to the information.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 23#p463707

Back then the CSS was still part of the Teams site, but has meanwhile its own page.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/CSS
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

The CSS page seems slightly incorrect for some reason. It says that Puma max is 15.7 when they can get over 16 in score.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

HooCairs wrote:The formula in the wiki is the official formula by EW used in the game to calculate the CSS.

They never published it, but EW gave some wiki monkeys access to the information.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 23#p463707

Back then the CSS was still part of the Teams site, but has meanwhile its own page.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/CSS
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░░░░░░
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█░░
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀░░░░

There's apparently some of us that would like the CSS score listed on the hunt history pages somewhere.
ZTrophyBuckZ wrote:The CSS page seems slightly incorrect for some reason. It says that Puma max is 15.7 when they can get over 16 in score.
That's what I meant when I mentioned it doesn't seem accurate. I'm pretty sure I've gotten scores for animals higher than what's listed as their maximum on that page. I've never gotten a rare animal, that I remember anyway. Is there something to it like it's possible there's a higher scoring one than the max that spawns now and then, rare instances of animals that spawn can score higher than the listed maximum, or might the info be a little out dated- some of it changed with updates to the game and it wasn't shared with the wiki team?
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

The puma scores were adjusted slightly in a recent update, and now they score slightly higher. I would imagine 15.7 is a little outdated and just reflects the previous season’s puma scoring system

Return to “Website suggestions”