Hunter Profile Improvement: Hunter Prefered Language Flags

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Hunter Profile Improvement: Hunter Prefered Language Flags

Post by curlyCoyote »

The problem: It is hard to send messages to people when you have no idea what language/languages they speak.

The solution:

Andhii
Scout

Re: Hunter Profile Improvement: Hunter Prefered Language Flags

Post by Andhii »

What language is American?

Also add partially torn off english flag for those who are native english speakers but can't really speak any better than your averange immigrant.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Lets not tear the american flag.
Spoiler:
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Andhii wrote:What language is American?
American English, slightly different from British English, but still works nearly the same.
Andhii wrote:add partially torn off english flag for those who are native english speakers but can't really speak any better than your averange immigrant.
You mean to combine the flags or something? Sorry if I am misunderstanding.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Here is an additional idea, add a main preferred language flag to friends from the top left friend's list.

Edit: Apparently Belgium speaks Dutch, so please disregard my stupidity and pretend that the Belgium flag was replaced by the Dutch one.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

honestly mate, your better off just PMing folks in English and ask what they speak. its the most widley used language.Before anyone jumps in with the manderin/spanish statistics. the chinese arnt playing and most of the spanish speaking world arnt here in great numbers and those that are speak better english than me anyway.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

L3M182 wrote:honestly mate, your better off just PMing folks in English and ask what they speak.
When I tried asking in English I would get a reply in a random language saying they don't speak English, then had to figure out what the language actually is.

Adding a prefered language feature helps possibly organize your friendliest and find new friends who speak the same native language.

And yes, you are correct, I have never seen anyone on the hunter speak Mandarin, or even Hangul.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Would you have to pass a written exam to prove you can actually speak a given language or can you just add them on your profile like they are pokemons and you have to catch them all? You want to make things more simple but I don't think this is the way to do it because you would need a system in place that guarantees people don't add a language on their profile that they don't speak; anything else is contradictory to the purpose.

The time and effort it takes to develop this is better spent on something that actually improves the game.

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=90712&
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

curlyCoyote wrote:
L3M182 wrote:honestly mate, your better off just PMing folks in English and ask what they speak.
When I tried asking in English I would get a reply in a random language saying they don't speak English, then had to figure out what the language actually is.

Adding a prefered language feature helps possibly organize your friendliest and find new friends who speak the same native language.

And yes, you are correct, I have never seen anyone on the hunter speak Mandarin, or even Hangul.
realistically how often is this an issue youve run into?. How many people are you randomly PMing or how many people do you have on your friends list you cant communicate with?
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

The time and effort it takes to develop this is better spent on something that actually improves the game.
I agree, there are indeed more important things, but this was just an idea and I wanted to see if people run into the same issue as much as I do, and turns out, no.
realistically how often is this an issue youve run into?
3/5 times I message a random person I either get no reply or a reply in the most unexpected language.
How many people are you randomly PMing
Too many, enough to seem like a stalker, I was just letting them know they have a super rare animal and that I need a score sheet to get them into the super rare gallery, because Hoo for some reason does not trust his eyes with gallery pictures of rare animals that have score shown.

Return to “Website suggestions”