Please make giant graphic at the top link back to the main site

TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Please make giant graphic at the top link back to the main site

Post by TundraPuppy »

Currently the giant "theHunter forums" graphic at the top links back to the forums. This is silly. Directly below it is a link that says "Forums" which does the exact same thing. Let's restore the old functionality where clicking that link would take us to thehunter.com website. We don't need two different ways to get to the same place, especially right next to each other.

I beg you, for the sake of my dogs, please return the old functionality of clicking that graphic taking us to the main thehunter.com website.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: Please make giant graphic at the top link back to the main site

Post by DonderDeer »

please give us this treat. I keep clicking on it hoping to go to thehunter.com

homk
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

You have no idea how many times I used to click the logo before, on the old forum, only to loathe the fact it used to redirect you to theHunter website. I hated it with a passion.

I can't imagine why someone on the forum would want to leave the forum, to go to theHunter website. Don't most people already have theHunter website open on a separate tab anyway?

Any forum theme or code changes now need to be done by Expansive Worlds. I doubt cosmetic things like this are going to get much attention from the developers, but in this case I would definitely vote against this suggestion.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

I don't ever keep the site open in a separate tab because I usually use this to open a new tab of the site to check the prices of items in the store that I read about on the forum, check competitions, etc. Since I use steam to launch the game, and I am able to browse the forum much more often than I play, I almost never have thehunter.com open except when I need it to be open.

When something like this is bothering potential customers, it's not a cosmetic issue. It's a problem that is deterring customers from looking at the store.

I would also be fine with it if instead of the large logo, the link below it was replaced. I shouldn't have to keep my bookmark bar full just to visit pages that should be linked to in the first place.
homk
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

This was actually just bugging me yesterday when I clicked that logo... I agree from a design standpoint that it should link to the main site. "Forums" or "Board Index" work perfectly fine for taking you to the forum homepage.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

There is actually 3 links all together, the Graphic at the top, the one under it "forums", and Board Index that all take you to the same place which is the index page of forum you are already on. Why would anyone ever expect the large graphic to take you to the index page?
Wouldn't it be much better to just remove the word forum from the graphic and put it back the way it was as a link to the actual game people would pay for.
Where is the link to the game on this forum? Isn't the purpose of this game to get people to play and hopefully play? Wouldn't it make sense that you want to direct anyone who just happens to find the forum to the actual game it is for.
At the very least the graphic should be just that, a graphic saying that you are on theHunter Forum. Next next to members, or somewhere else there should be a link to the actual website, and it should say that is what it is.

The forum still needs some work, but I would assume it is what we have and will no longer be worked on.
I guess this actual section is kind of moot.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DHRifleman wrote:The forum still needs some work, but I would assume it is what we have and will no longer be worked on.
In my opinion, you hit the nail right on the head. Regardless of my opinion on this matter, the forum is not a priority for the developers, and unfortunately only the developers have access now. Functionality changes like this are not something that anyone else can change, and I doubt very much that anyone in management is going to commit resources to these sorts of issues when the game is in its current state. There is always going to be something more important.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Sorry, but this won't be reverted. This was one of the main things we wanted to change about the old forum. It is very bad UI to have a header redirecting to a different site instead of home, especially when it says "theHunter forums" and redirects to something else. I understand that some of you have used to it working like that, but it doesn't mean that it was done correctly. Now, having "Forums" link underneath is not a great UI either, but redundancy is a lesser evil than confusion.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

It's still a good idea to have SOMETHING linking to the actual game, even if it's not that specific graphic. Why should the website link to the forums and not have the forums link back to the website? We're essentially being "funneled" to the forums - that's not what you want to happen to new, inexperienced potential customers.
homk
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

DonderDeer wrote:It's still a good idea to have SOMETHING linking to the actual game, even if it's not that specific graphic. Why should the website link to the forums and not have the forums link back to the website? We're essentially being "funneled" to the forums - that's not what you want to happen to new, inexperienced potential customers.
My point exactly.
The graphic should be just what it is, a graphic and there is no need to have it do anything but sit there letting you know where you are.
Where it says forums it should be a link to the game, and then the Board index can stay just how it is and will direct you back to the board index.
To me it looks like someone didn't know what hyperlinks to put in the basic template so it was just copy and paste.
If no one at EW doesn't have 2 minutes to spare to make a couple of quick adjustments to the forum, something is wrong.
And if what we see is what we get, what is the purpose of this very category "Forum Feedback and Suggestions"?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Forums Feedback & Suggestions”