.17 HMR HV did not show in FP view or allow aiming weapon while in tree stand

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

.17 HMR HV did not show in FP view or allow aiming weapon while in tree stand

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

Used in a tree stand @ location -14393, 4828 on Whitehart. I was calling in a turkey for a while with the box caller in item slot 8 while in the stand, occasionally switching to either a range finder in slot 4, a spotting scope in slot 5 and the Huntermate. I had a .17 HMR in weapon slot 1 loaded with HV ammo and a Blaser F3 in weapon slot 2. The HMR had been loaded at the outset as had the shotgun and everything was normal. While I was in the stand I changed to the .17 HMR in weapon slot 1 as active weapon and went to aim and got nothing, ie no scope view. Looking at the view it showed no weapon in my hands. Tried a couple of times switching weapons, same thing. Switching weapon slot 1 to the Snakebite showed the bow worked as normal testing the aiming animation. Switching slot 1 back to the .17 HMR in inventory and trying again showed no weapon in hand, the ammo text displayed as unloaded as 0/9 with no autoloading occuring and no access to scope view. Dismounting from the stand the weapon appeared as soon as I pressed a key to move and autoloading animation started. I went back in the stand and it disappeared and didn't work again, and I got the same 0/9 unloaded display playing switching the weapon in inventory so I switched to the bow to take the bird out.

I've just tried recreating the bug, since I left the stand up when I finished the hunt and got ready for work, but it didn't re-occur. Weird. It's the only instance I've had like this with either tree stand use or the .17 HMR.
BCKidd

Re: .17 HMR HV did not show in FP view or allow aiming weapon while in tree stand

Post by BCKidd »

This sounds to me the same issue we had with E-Caller a few years back. Too bad you didn't get a screen shot. Let's hope EW looks into this. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ogruls
Outfitter

Re: .17 HMR HV did not show in FP view or allow aiming weapon while in tree stand

Post by ogruls »

Did you hit or just go over 100% capacity at anytime while switching, does weird stuff like what you described
Jimmy Rustle
Spotter

Post by Jimmy Rustle »

Sorry didn't see the reply, but no I was under capacity.

Here is more .17 HMR weirdness.
Tracking a rabbit in cover on Settlers Creek. 17 in slot one with scope, Blaser F3 in two. Cant see the rabbit with the scope as the cover is too dense, but it looks good in normal view.
OK, go to inventory and take the scope off. Did so and got this weird screen of the 17 juddering around in the bottom left of the FPV screen, and it wont let me aim.
OK, so put the scope back on and see if that cures it. Nope, still weird weapon view and can't aim.
OK, so swap it with the Cable back bow and see what that's like, and then back. Cable back is fine. 17 HMR is still no good.
OK, so swap 17 HMR into 2, and put the Blaser in slot 1. Nope no good. 17 still gives a weird juddering bottom left view.
OK, lets go to the lodge and see if that cures it.
Nope, in FPV 17 doesnt show at all. In mirror view hangs at side in hand, but flat. Blaser and Cable back both normal.

Inventory at 19.91/20 the same as when I left the lodge at the start of the hunt. I also had a tree stand in the heavy equipment slot and used it with the Cable back earlier, and have been swapping between the cable back and the 17 in slot 1 a few times. Also I earlier removed the scope and put it back on a few minutes before as the same rabbit was hiding in the weeds.

1. Screen of 17 HMR in FPV. Barrel is viewable bottom left of screen, juddering up and down can't aim

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2831954506

2. Inventory at the time of the problem. Screen take after trying to swapover 17 with Blaser which had been in slot 2.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2831955161

3. Mirror view of weapon after going to the lodge.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2831960985

4. FPV of weapon when armed at lodge

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2831966507

Other 2 weapons work and display fine.

The rabbit is also fine. It got so tired of me messing around with weapons it ran off. Ptarmigans could be heard chuckling away as far as Timbergold.

I cured the problem at the lodge by removing all weapons and ammo from the slots and putting the 17 HMR with ammo and scope back into slot 1 and it works. Loading the other weapons back to as they were and it seems to work fine. Swapping scopes on and off or swapping the cable back with 17 and it's all normal.

I spent yesterday in a long hunt on Hirschfelden from 9am to 18:43 or so in game, with the 17 and Cable back, with the Anschutz 8x57 with no problems whatsoever. I have no idea what triggered the above bug.

When playing I pause by escaping to Main Menu and Alt-Tab a number of times, Whether this is a contributory factor I don't know.
LeX13Strelok
Spotter

Post by LeX13Strelok »

This bug is easy to repeat. It is enough to aim from the .17 HMR and open the inventory. It is impossible to use the weapon after that until you take at least a step.
https://youtu.be/pWv92CeOZWc

Return to “Equipment / Gear”