Shooting Skills bugged (?)

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
MetalDemon
Spotter

Shooting Skills bugged (?)

Post by MetalDemon »

Bug Report

Game Mode: Both
Hunter Name: RedDemon

Description:
According to theHunter Wiki (https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Shooting_Skill), these are the benefits of leveling up your shooting skill:

• Experience less gun and bow wobble when aiming
• Hold breath longer
• Hold vertical bows longer in full draw

There is an issue with the "Hold breath longer" skill: Everytime I hold my breath with any weapon of any level, I can only hold my breath for 7 seconds.

If I hold my breath with my Compound Bow "Snakebite" (lvl 18), can only hold it for 7 seconds, then tested with my Longbow (lvl 1) and you guessed it; can only hold it for 7 seconds. I also tested my .17 HMR Lever Action Rifle (lvl 17) and my
.45-70 Government Lever Action Rifle (lvl 6) and same result for both: 7 seconds of breath holding.

I do not own all the weapons in the game, but I tested every weapon I currently own and the result is always the same: 7 seconds of breath holding, no more, no less regardless of my weapon levels. It also doesn't matter if you are standing, crouched or prone, the result is always the same.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start a timer at the same time you press and hold the spacebar to hold your breath with any weapon of any level, then stop the timer exactly at 7 seconds, that's when your character/hunter runs out of air. Never fails.

I think it is fair to assume that this feature is broken, because there is really no gain in your breath holding from level 1 to 20 of your Shooting/weapon Skill, or... if no one else in here is having this issue, then my profile/game is just broken :lol:

Return to “Equipment / Gear”