Turkey locator caller only attract female turkeys

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
knott
Outfitter

Turkey locator caller only attract female turkeys

Post by knott »

I don´t regularly hunt turkeys but was forced today for a mission I noticed that now the locator caller only attracted female turkeys. I did at least 15 attempts and every single time there was a female turkey responding and not male as in the description At least 6 females answered the call and there was male turkeys around I want to remember it used to be males responding last time I tried.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Turkey locator caller only attract female turkeys

Post by HooCairs »

What description? The store description says "Higher chance with lower scoring Turkeys", and that is exactly the problem. Most of the time the turkeys with a zero score respond, i.e. the females. Males also respond though, just much less.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

How often are you calling? Never had an issue with both coming to calls but have to stay on top of it and call every 3-4 in-game minutes (I do every 3) or they get easily distracted.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm not sure this is a bug so much as poor design. To be realistic, only male birds should ever respond to it. It should function exactly as the pheasant caller does in-game. It should never attract anything, only trigger a call, and only from males.

The point of a locator call is to get a gobbler to "shock gobble." They get so pumped during their breeding season that they're excited enough to gobble at any sudden loud noise. Younger or less experienced birds are more likely to fall for it, so technically the description of the item in the store is accurate. The problem is that it isn't low scoring gobblers gobbling, it's non-scoring hens that often respond. No hen in her right mind is going to cluck in giddy response to a predator.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Has the description always been low scoring turkeys? Just curious if they made a change at some times or it always been like this and I was just insanely lucky just getting males responding the first weeks I used it. That was ages ago though thus the fading memory :)

Return to “Equipment / Gear”