Birdshot ammunition causes significant drop in FPS

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
joaopaulo500
Spotter

Birdshot ammunition causes significant drop in FPS

Post by joaopaulo500 »

Bug Report
Game Mode: Both
Hunter Name: Joao18

Description:
Birdshot ammunition when shot at the ground causes a significant drop in FPS, this impact in performance scales proportionally with the distance, the further you shoot the greater the drop in FPS is noticed. The problem only impacts the player that shoots when in MP, example: If i shoot, I have the drop and not the other player that is watching, If he shoots, he has the drop and I don't as I watch him shoot.

Steps to Reproduce:
Shoot any gauge of birdshot ammunition at the ground, increase distance to scale the problem.

Additional Information:
The problem at hand started with an update that removed the rendering of birdshot ammunition from any surface that was hit by the shot, this update was made around the year of 2016 (not certain on the date / year). I have tested all birdshot ammunition in all gauges with the exception of 16 GA. Before the update referred above, this bug was not present, I have video footage in the same circumstances before the update and the performance drop is not present. This performance impact or bug has been confirmed by my friends when asked to reproduce the problem. The friend asked to reproduce the problem have different PCs, ranging from i7-9900K, RTX2080TI, 16GB RAM, to i5-6600k, GTX 1050TI, 16GB RAM. I believe it is not machine related. Tested in Very High and Very Low settings, problem is present on both.

Can anyone try and reproduce the problem and report back in this post?

Video of the problem at hand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_hZTK_So1o

Graphics settings:
Fullscreen: Yes
Vertical Sync: No
1920x1080(75Hz)
Scene Complexity: Very High
Texture Quality: High
Shadow Quality: Very High
MAA: 8x
AF: 16x

PC:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8GHz
GPU: Asus Strix GTX1060 OC 6GB
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB @ 2933MHz
Luziano
Hunter

Re: Birdshot ammunition causes significant drop in FPS

Post by Luziano »

I noticed this same problem when hunting rabbits with a shotgun.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Birdshot ammunition causes significant drop in FPS

Post by BuiuRei »

Huge plus one for this one.
I'd have to test if it happens every time or not, but when it does... wow! Single digits fps for a couple of seconds.
My PC is also a Ryzen 1st gen, but a 1600 AE paired with a Radeon RX 480 and 16 GB of RAM.
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment / Gear”