Africa

Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Africa

Post by Violator31 »

gas56 wrote:
rhapsodaisical wrote: I love the ethics in this game.
What ethics are you talking about in this game?
Just catching up on this thread...scrolling, scrolling, then I read that 1st part & couldn't wait to add.... :evil: Gas beat me to it..... :lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

rhapsodaisical wrote:I mean that this game doesn't use "any gun" on anything that moves. EW does seem to consider species/weapon balances carefully. More than any other game I have played.

Sure they consider game balance on the weapons,.. how else would they sell them if they could shoot everything,... you would only need 2 guns and a bow.

And I never compared it to real life afaik.
Unreal or Real?
Then why do you need to have ethics if it isn't real life? (unreal)
Because if you want to have ethics in a game than that is the only thing that it can be compared to. (real)
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

It would be nice just to make elephants and rhinos unhuntable. So they exist in the game, walk around, can attack you, but a hunter is not allowed to shoot even on attacking animal. :)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

_dfad_ wrote:It would be nice just to make elephants and rhinos unhuntable. So they exist in the game, walk around, can attack you, but a hunter is not allowed to shoot even on attacking animal. :)
They tried that with the Polar Bears, initially. Didn’t go over very well, needless to say, and eventually they just allowed the PB to be hunted all time like any other animal.

I’m not gonna comment on this whole Africa thing. There are too many people who have a very difficult time separating a game from reality.
Essacksumra
Spotter

Post by Essacksumra »

its not a must to add elephant and rhinos, i live in Africa and am a RL hunter but never shot an elephant, they can add cape buffalo its really fun and a thrill hunting them, add eland, kudu, jackal, hares, no need of lions or leopards too.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

I can’t grasp the issue here and never have been able to. The big 5 are legal to hunt it’s just out of the reach financaly for most. And any argument about endangered animals went out the window with the polar bear. Countless other hunting games had done Africa. Want to make them special and unique, make us but tags for a few em$ a peice, donate that money to conservation. If you’d get any publicity I can’t see how that wouldn’t trump it. Obv it wouldn’t be massively popular idea with the players but if it’s that or nothing I’d rather have the option. The more we get these obscure and exotic reserves we get that you’d not expect to find in a hunting game before Africa and the lack of comment on the subject I find very amusing. I almost enjoy finding out what they will send our way to avoid Africa now. There are beginning to run out of ideas. I mean what the hell is a banteng or magpie goose?. Hand up who googled them before release?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think africa should of been done many a year ago. the risk finincially must of been seen too much of a risk to do so. pim did a article explaining about in a interview saying there would be no africa.the interview is no longer available for whatever reasons.

the way you handle adding africa and what you add if done right would of been fine. i cant see it coming to classic. the time to make it do it justice and the animals 6-9 month for the reserve. 3-6 months per new animal. cant see classic being around for that amount of time. 4 or 5 animals + one reserve. unless avalanche helped and they busy on multiple titles.

think its just one of those things that should of been done but never happened for classic.shame. the most wanted reserve since the game was made/released.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

ronMctube wrote:i think africa should of been done many a year ago. the risk finincially must of been seen too much of a risk to do so. pim did a article explaining about in a interview saying there would be no africa.the interview is no longer available for whatever reasons.

the way you handle adding africa and what you add if done right would of been fine. i cant see it coming to classic. the time to make it do it justice and the animals 6-9 month for the reserve. 3-6 months per new animal. cant see classic being around for that amount of time. 4 or 5 animals + one reserve. unless avalanche helped and they busy on multiple titles.

think its just one of those things that should of been done but never happened for classic.shame. the most wanted reserve since the game was made/released.

Sensing the end might be near Ron?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

no not the end is near. work it out. if they were to do the big 5 animals like many want.thats 3 months a piece. unless avalanche helped out. then you have the reserve.which is 6-9 months in the making. your talking 2-3 years ! as much as i love this game cant see this game being open that long. numbers have dropped way too low recently. never seen them so low ever. so the effort to make africa for classic and input money time. just doesnt seem to add up.

https://steamcharts.com/app/253710

avg players now is 389 !

the games brilliant got my heart but unless avalanche are going to chip in and help make content or...the team have already been working on africa or the animals for a year plus cant see it happening . loved to be proved wrong. it would be the great final send off for the game.maybe even get some more players back.

the game needs relaunching on a new engine.

this is a personal opinion.i think personally we should of moved in different directions already.advanced.brought in different gameplay styles.much more modern gameplay ideas.it feels like the games being maintained.instead of pushing on.advancing.so many things could be done.needs a visionary to make this come to life.push and make it come true.unless the plan is to just do enough until it fizzles out.

the important thing is to not see it as a negative but think of the future and what can be done.which is to make what is already a great game.even better ! ;)
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Savanna/Africa

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

Hope to see this animals in thehunter classic some day in 2 new maps ,time for a change. i made that topic today and didnt know there is already one , anyway here is my list .

Lion

Eland

African buffalo

Caracal

sable Antelope

warthog

hyena

wildebeest

Cheetah

Impala

jackal

Ostrich

African Wild-Dog

guinea fowl

francolin

Hartebeest
Last edited by GoldenEagle1 on October 22nd, 2020, 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”