Event missions should be permanent.

Gah_Montilladrinker

Event missions should be permanent.

Post by Gah_Montilladrinker »

Hello, fellow hunters. First time i post here.
I've played this game for what it seems like ages (but it probably only amounts to a few years in reality), hunted hundreds, if not thousands of animals and spent a considerable amount of money in it (i'm only really saying it in hopes of showing how much i love the game). But, as with everything in life, there's times of sheer, utter and coarse frustration, and this is one of them for me.
As everyone knows we've had a Summer Fiesta event some two weeks from now that has finished recently, and that together with this event we were given a few missions, and i'm only going to be talking about one of them today since i feel like it was the hardest one to complete, the "A Vegan Mission". In this mission we are tasked to collect every antler and mushroom in the game (as far as i'm aware), and we all know just how insanely hard that is if you:
1: Work and aren't able to play for hours every single day (more on that later, since i did, in fact, play a few hours every day)
2: Play the game normally, not running around to find those things (it would make it impossible to digest for me, i HAVE to play the game to have fun in it).
3: Are a relatively inexperienced player that just doesn't have enough map knowledge to find those items efficiently.

Now, i did say i played for years, but i didn't say i'm a good player. I am in fact quite a terrible hunter that can barely stalk a turkey without spooking it or can barely dispatch a group of cows to get to the stags, and most importantly, i haven't played in some maps as nearly as i did on others, partly because my hardware was terrible up until a few months ago and it restricted me to less demanding maps, and also partly because i'm a bad player. This is where those missions come in.
This mission i mentioned above has to be the most time demanding thing i've ever done in this game, i work as a comission worker that has really only a few free hours every day, i have a girlfriend, i have a house to take care of since i live with my father and he's recovering from a recent injury, and i study. Don't feel sad for me, i don't want you to, i just want you to understand the context of why i got so frustrated this morning when i found out my 75% completed mission was gone, and that because i didn't check the news page, i didn't know it was a temporary one. I spent 48 hours those last two weeks trying to get this mission done, why? because i enjoy the game, i like what i do with my free time, but only when i feel like it was actually worth it. 48 hours for me is almost every minute of free time i have.
Like i said, no need to feel sorry, no need to tell me "well, you should have spent your time better then", because now i know that i should have, but before i was just playing my game at night letting the steam off of a week out of me, because i enjoy doing it. My point is, those missions should have been given to players and after they accepted them, they should have been permanent, or at least a bit longer, and honestly, am i really asking for much? Am i the only one that was disappointed by this? Take a read at the report i wrote this morning;

Gah_Montilladrinker
Aug 26, 2021

I was completing the mission i mentioned above but when i woke up today i noticed i couldn't find it to check my progress, i think it's a bug due to me logging into a separate account and activating some missions there. Anyways, i was pretty close to completing it, had already finished the mushrooms and some antlers if i recall correctly, it's making me rather nervous. :'D
----------------------------------
********* (theHunter)
Aug 26, 2021

Hello Gah_Montilladrinker​,
Thank you for reaching out to us, unfortunately the reason is that the mission being gone is that the Summer Fiesta has finished. I'm really sorry about this, you did an incredible job in the Vegan mission and it was an excellent attempt.
I know this is not ideal news to hear, but there is good news - more events are on the way and we would love to see you participate in those.
Happy Hunting!

I won't lie, i was pretty heartbroken (giggles) when i read that, and yes, i am still a bit bitter about it, but i totally understand it. I just want to help change the situation because i am 90% sure i am not the only one who got absolutely punched by the timeline and lack of communication in the mission description regarding the time limit of it.
What is gone is gone, i can't change it, but what i can do is totally avoid events from now on and spend the time with my family instead, i'll never feel safe repeating that again, honestly. Hehe.
Have a wonderful day, everyone. ;)
-Will.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Event missions should be permanent.

Post by Tod1d »

Cool story ;) But it took me two read throughs to get the "suggestion". (I changed the topic title for you).

Funny, not too long ago event missions were persistent, but they weren't visible after the event. People complained that they were completing missions they couldn't see.
So they just recently changed it to completely remove (or turn off) the missions after the event.

It never really bothered me when I'd accidentally complete an old event mission, and it would popup in the game. Hey, a few extra GM$... Cool!
I also wouldn't mind seeing all the old missions from the events, perhaps grouped into a mission pack for each event. ex: "2012 Halloween Missions"
Previously, I think you would just get the GM$ reward if you finished them after the event. A trophy (and maybe some swag, tents or towers or something) was also rewarded if you finished a pack during the event.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Gah_Montilladrinker

Re: Changed title

Thank you for the patience! i don't really know how to use the forums since it's my first post, any advice is golden.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the forum Will :)

Event missions never show an expiry date. A good idea actually. Maybe they will consider doing that in the future.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

I certainly see where you’re coming from. They could make it more obvious that the mission will be ending at a certain time so that you don’t have to look for it in the news. But I definitely think that making the event missions last forever would really devalue the event for the rest of us. Because there would be no rush or sense of urgency in trying to complete it. Fortunately they give us plenty of time, 5 weeks was a long time
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I just had someone else asking me where the mission went. The fact that it was up for so long, and also not clearly marked as event mission, made people believe this was a regular mission. Many players don't follow the forum or social media.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Gah_Montilladrinker

HooCairs wrote:I just had someone else asking me where the mission went. The fact that it was up for so long, and also not clearly marked as event mission, made people believe this was a regular mission. Many players don't follow the forum or social media.

That's exactly what happened to me.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I agree, these event missions shoud stay on the blackboard until you finish them. Even now when they kindda of fixed it, shutting them off, I still get from time to time a pop up telling me that I did don't know what mission from don't know what event. The last one was about a coyote, but being quick and a total surprise, I didn't get anything useful as info. So...yeah, let them on the board until we finish them, please.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Ooh I'd really like it they just kept the missions from that really difficult event active, the one that required you to brainshot a fleeing kangaroo, amongst other ridiculous things. They can be fairly confident in that case that they won't be giving away too much gm$, as it's so damn hard.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”