Daily Missions | Suggestions and Gripes

Dubitabilus
Hunter

Daily Missions | Suggestions and Gripes

Post by Dubitabilus »

*Edit: Did not recall that Ptarmigan ID Audio missions were already Medium difficulty. Crossed off*

===
It's been a little over a month since the implementation of daily missions.
That means it should be in the 3rd cycle for those who managed to keep up their streaks - kudos to you all.

First off, this is a great feature that spices up the game and removes some of the monotony from the daily grind.
I just have a few comments and I'm pretty sure others have some feedback as well.

Spotting: Felines
Bobcats and Eurasian Lynx are so skittish that for the new hunter, spotting missions are not relatively "Easy" compared to other species.
ID'ing tracks are simple, but spotting a cat is another degree of difficulty, especially with just binoculars.
I know equipment should not be "required," but feline missions have a high degree of difficulty for newer players to overcome.

Perhaps feline spotting missions should have their difficulty rating bumped up?
The reward for spotting a Bison compared to spotting a bobcat/lynx does not seem equitable.
Sidenote: I had a helluva time "Harvesting a male & female eurasian lynx" for my Hard mission

ID Audio Clues: Ptarmigans
Ptarmigans have a very low chance of making audio calls, so ID'ing those calls are a chore.
My avatar laid prone on the rocks of Val-de-Bois for 40+ minutes IRL waiting for a Rock Ptarmigan to make it's gargled, raspy call.

Perhaps ptarmigan audio call missions should have their difficulty rating bumped up?
It is way easier to harvest these upland birds than it is to record their audio calls.
Last edited by Dubitabilus on January 12th, 2021, 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Daily Missions | Suggestions and Gripes

Post by Dmitri »

agree for felines spotting - bumped up all spotting missions
as for Ptarmigans' audio clues - these are Medium already. I am not sure these missions are difficult enough to be bumped ut to Hard.
good topic, please go ahead with other comments and suggestions :)
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Wow, that was a quick response!

Good to hear spotting missions are rated/rewarded at higher difficulties now. It's much easier to pull the trigger than to creep up closer and properly spot certain species.

I didn't recall the Rock Ptarmigan mission was already Medium but I definitely remembered the waiting :lol:
I've corrected the original post.

===

Are Daily Travel Missions a future possibility?
Something like the following:

Easy:
Reach <Destination/Tower/Landmark> in <Reserve>.

Medium:
Reach <Destination_1> in <Reserve>
Reach <Destination_2>

Hard:
Reach <Destination_2>
Reach <Destination_3> OR <ID/Spot/Harvest> any animal in <Reserve>
Spoiler:

Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

Dubitabilus wrote: Are Daily Travel Missions a future possibility?
Something like the following:

Easy:
Reach <Destination/Tower/Landmark> in <Reserve>.

Medium:
Reach <Destination_2>

Hard:
Reach <Destination_2>
Reach <Destination_3> OR <ID/Spot/Harvest> any animal in <Reserve>
why not? good ideas :)
we are going to continue working on the DMs so feel free to share other ideas here
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Dubitabilus wrote:ID'ing tracks are simple, but spotting a cat is another degree of difficulty, especially with just binoculars.
Only for that one suggestion is to use a scope to spot from a long distance especially the MKI ;)
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Like I mentioned the difficulty in spotting felines for new hunters, waterfowl are difficult to spot as well.
Without the aid of a waterfowling setup newer users do not have the same opportunities to complete their daily missions.
Waterfowl dailies should be bumped up or revised also.

Spoiler:

Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

I just got this Snow Goose Daily for my "Hard Mission"

I know that actually shooting goose or duck is relatively simple, but getting into a waterfowl setup is expensive or finding waterfowl on the ground/water are harder than just harvesting other animals.

For the newer player just starting out, making the jump from spotting animals and IDing clues to harvesting an animal with a high reliance on equipment (though not necessarily required) might be too much to ask of newer hunters.

Then again, this would cause the newer hunters to seek out MP games for assistance or incentivize getting a setup of their own.
Spoiler:

herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Waterflow hunting is expensive, but spotting, identifing or harvesting one goose or duck really aren't. All you need for that is one caller or flag lure. I don't think that "hard" daily mission should be balanced for complete newbie.
Hosenfuhrer
Spotter

Post by Hosenfuhrer »

The ability to change a daily mission for a new one by using gM$ would be useful as well, like other games that have daily missions have as an option.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Hosenfuhrer wrote:The ability to change a daily mission for a new one by using gM$ would be useful as well, like other games that have daily missions have as an option.
That is a great idea!!!! I would gladly pay to change some of these ridiculous missions.

I had an 'easy' mission of spotting a FEMALE mountain goat the other day. Easy? Huh, really? That took me about 45 minutes to complete, as the first goats that I found were males of course, what else would it be, given that I had to spot females!!.

Spotting anything is akin to hunting and harvesting it, because if you can spot it, it is likely that you could shoot it. So called 'easy' missions should never have a spotting requirement, especially for an animal type that is un-callable. On top of that they added the FEMALE requirement? Geez, really? Did whomever make these missions ever play this game, or did they just create a random mission generator and you get whatever randomness comes out of it? Other ridiculous missions are the audio call missions from various birds, or things like spotting a female lynx or puma.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”