Daily Missions | Suggestions and Gripes

Makkos Bandi
Tracker

Re: Daily Missions | Suggestions and Gripes

Post by Makkos Bandi »

I had an 'easy' mission of spotting a FEMALE mountain goat the other day. Easy? Huh, really? That took me about 45 minutes to complete, as the first goats that I found were males of course, what else would it be, given that I had to spot females!!.

Spotting anything is akin to hunting and harvesting it, because if you can spot it, it is likely that you could shoot it. So called 'easy' missions should never have a spotting requirement, especially for an animal type that is un-callable. On top of that they added the FEMALE requirement? Geez, really? Did whomever make these missions ever play this game, or did they just create a random mission generator and you get whatever randomness comes out of it? Other ridiculous missions are the audio call missions from various birds, or things like spotting a female lynx or puma.[/quote]

These daily series are still apparently randomly generated for the most part. So, every day depends only on your hunting luck, a little strategy and of course the stuff you own. But you don’t have to worry, as it’s just a game it sometimes really resembles a Las Vegas tour. I extremely enjoy these challenges, no matter sometimes how absurd they are. I think everyone has a reason to whine: "I work too much" "I don't have stuff" "I don't have time" "I don't have a PC" or "I don't like these challenges". I’m new to this game, but I haven’t encountered an impossible mission yet, but I’m more impatient with players. Hold on, I swear there is no better hunting simulator than this. Just try to enjoy and you will feel what a hunter’s life is like. Sorry if my comment is a little sarcastic because I get a little bored with nonsensical whining. :mrgreen: :twisted:
Good Luck!
Bandi
"Everywhere online club" -Andreas Insomnia" :mrgreen:
-Andy Acorny : Bandi Makkos-
-Look for the solution instead of whining :twisted:
Tölgyes András: https://www.facebook.com/bandi.makkos
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Makkos Bandi wrote: These daily series are still apparently randomly generated for the most part. So, every day depends only on your hunting luck, a little strategy and of course the stuff you own. But you don’t have to worry, as it’s just a game it sometimes really resembles a Las Vegas tour. I extremely enjoy these challenges, no matter sometimes how absurd they are. I think everyone has a reason to whine: "I work too much" "I don't have stuff" "I don't have time" "I don't have a PC" or "I don't like these challenges". I’m new to this game, but I haven’t encountered an impossible mission yet, but I’m more impatient with players. Hold on, I swear there is no better hunting simulator than this. Just try to enjoy and you will feel what a hunter’s life is like. Sorry if my comment is a little sarcastic because I get a little bored with nonsensical whining. :mrgreen: :twisted:
Good Luck!
Bandi
Well said Makkos! And I agree that whining from players is often annoying. Let's put it this way, if things were "fair" according to a lot of these sorts of complaints you mention would there even be a game at all?

I have a job and often it's hard for me to find time to play TheHunter. And certainly for me, TheHunter isn't my first priority after the job. I play when I can. Comps come and go. There's this illusion of urgency. It's not that way.

At the end of the day, I like to play TheHunter as a hunting simulator so I can sort of experience hunting even if only virtually as hunting in real life is a lifestyle out of reach for me at the moment. I play to have fun. If I only have part of a day once per week or whenever to play, I try to make that hunting session fun for myself and not expect myself to compete in every comp, mission, etc.
Hosenfuhrer
Spotter

Post by Hosenfuhrer »

Todays "easy" mission: Id tracks from a female Bobcat.

Riight. Maybe remove the gender specification from this mission, or all feline related missions, since the spawn rate is smaller than the other animals and it's basically a 50/50 chance of finding the correct track when they are scarce anyway?
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

It seems that the random mission generator doesn't have limits on what should be easy, moderate, or difficult. If it is supposed to be 'easy', shouldn't it actually be easy?

Any easy mission should not involve male/female designation, and never require spotting. Having to spot an animal means you need to hunt it, and get close enough to see it for long enough for it to register as having been spotted. If you have accomplished all that you might as well include harvesting the animal. They also need to get rid of the audio missions from animals that only rarely produce calls, like birds or cats. I had to get an audio call from a bobcat the other day, an 'easy' mission, and I wasted 45 minutes sitting watching a bobcat prance about without it once issuing a call. I got the mission done by doing other missions in an area where bobcat spawn, and was fortunate enough to actually catch a call.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Maybe we should just tick in a box on the browser to finish the mission? No hunting involved?

Spotting cats may require some effort for sure. Bobcat I have places I know they will be. Lynx is trickier as they take 40 minutes to call in most of the time and they have such camouflauge and they are so few it can be hard to find even tracks. What I fear most though is geese or duck missions as that is so gear dependent and I don´t have it :)
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

Complains, complains and more complains. Maybe they should remove the DM and just give us the prices for them? I think 80% of the DMs are already too easy and even a bit boring. Most of them take less than ten minutes to complete. If a new player doesn't have the equipment they could do some regular missions or just put some money and by what they need. Play, hunt and get better. What's the point of a mission if everything is easy, takes 2 minutes and is half done? It won't be a mission anymore!
The suggestion for an option for changing a mission was good though.
Spoiler:
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Think it would be far better if a resume streak card resumed the LONGEST streak you've ever had, as opposed to the last one. Imagine you get a 3 month streak going, miss one day, and the day after, you complete the new daily by accident...
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I got the impression that is what it does? Really should work that way.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

BaiPe6o wrote:Complains, complains and more complains. Maybe they should remove the DM and just give us the prices for them? I think 80% of the DMs are already too easy and even a bit boring. Most of them take less than ten minutes to complete. If a new player doesn't have the equipment they could do some regular missions or just put some money and by what they need. Play, hunt and get better. What's the point of a mission if everything is easy, takes 2 minutes and is half done? It won't be a mission anymore!
The suggestion for an option for changing a mission was good though.
A purpose of any "daily" mission in any online (and especially f2p) game is to give you incentive to start a game daily. Nothing more. You start a game, you do a mission and maybe you'll want to play a little more after that. And it works for me. A "daily" isn't supposed to be very long or frustrating as it could make an opposite effect on you. It could make you stop to play from frustration. For example my today's daily was to spot a male puma. I found female puma fast enough, but male one took me 2.5 hours to find. That's a little to much for a "daily" mission in my opinion. Even "medium" one.

I mostly like dailies, but I would probably agree that gender requirement for puma and lynx is an overkill. They are rare enough already. Although worst daily is probably ID a magpie goose poo. I spent few hours trying to do that and still failed. It's very RNG based as they don't usually land on ground.
Makkos Bandi
Tracker

Post by Makkos Bandi »

herajika wrote:
BaiPe6o wrote: I mostly like dailies, but I would probably agree that gender requirement for puma and lynx is an overkill. They are rare enough already. Although worst daily is probably ID a magpie goose poo. I spent few hours trying to do that and still failed. It's very RNG based as they don't usually land on ground.
I think you've pretty right about that. ;)
"Everywhere online club" -Andreas Insomnia" :mrgreen:
-Andy Acorny : Bandi Makkos-
-Look for the solution instead of whining :twisted:
Tölgyes András: https://www.facebook.com/bandi.makkos

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”