About the exploit in competition-Reflection and suggestion

SRV
Tracker

Re: About the exploit in competition-Reflection and suggestion

Post by SRV »

If EW would think it is a problem FOR THEM,SM and all,they would have found a way to counter attack this a little by now. But since it's only affecting the players/ participants / results of a comp,they see no real reasons to take care of this. It doesn't cost them anything more,to pay a SM vs. a '' normal '' player.
In fact,it doesn't cost them a thing !
So why put up some work / time in thinking of a way to improve their comps regarding that,if just to show the community,the members that they care about fairness.

Reducing the attempts would deff help.
We have 3 attempts for a comp,you want to SM, go ahead! 3 x 5-10mins and you're done . Out of the way now .

Steve
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

SRV wrote:If EW would think it is a problem FOR THEM,SM and all,they would have found a way to counter attack this a little by now. But since it's only affecting the players/ participants / results of a comp,they see no real reasons to take care of this. It doesn't cost them anything more,to pay a SM vs. a '' normal '' player.
In fact,it doesn't cost them a thing !
So why put up some work / time in thinking of a way to improve their comps regarding that,if just to show the community,the members that they care about fairness.

Reducing the attempts would deff help.
We have 3 attempts for a comp,you want to SM, go ahead! 3 x 5-10mins and you're done . Out of the way now .

Steve
well with that line of reasoning why did the new dev team fix any of the bugs, remodel the turkey, improve the storefront implement ammo aggrigation or release the new fur variants? all that will have cost them and its of no more gain that sorting out the comps.
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

That's a bit different. The things you mention are easy to do and makes the majority of the community, the new players especially, very happy.
So, that's why they are done.
I did not see any major bug fixing tbh.The ones that really affect your gameplay and your results.
There is still the Bears ( and other species ) hitbox issue, which i think is pretty major.
There is still the Goat feeder not working properly.
There is still the Snow Goose not being '' normal '' .
( Many comments about how people have them behaving in their games. They see them/don't hearing them.They hear them/don't see them,they suddenly appear at the end of the lake, etc )

Fixing major bugs is far more complicated i'm sure,but still,imo,this game should get some attention regard this.Wonder what is on their bucket list.

Steve
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

telling me its gona be harder to reduce an attempt limit and add a spook mechanic to tents when you fast travel than to do all of the above?. and i think doing so will make the majority of the community very happy as this topic has persistantly popped up in one form or another for years, and im yet to read a comment from anyone who says its good and cant be improved with little more than tweeks
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

No.
Reducing attempts should be no problem at all. I agree with you on that big time.
It would make,imo,for more different winners in the comps,because of just having a reduced amount of time. You can do 3-5 small hunts if you want and hope to be lucky.Or you can do longer hunts if your personal time/life situation allows it.

Agree also,that it should make players a bit happier,knowing that SM have their ways reduced even more.It would make better competitions,again,imho, score wise.

Steve

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”