Daily Missions | Suggestions and Gripes

splainin2do
Outfitter

Re: Daily Missions | Suggestions and Gripes

Post by splainin2do »

HooCairs wrote:Would be a bit unfair to add more prizes for all those who finally managed to get the prizes and then stopped or even restarted.
Agreed. :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Hosenfuhrer
Spotter

Post by Hosenfuhrer »

Is it though? The restart and resuming of the cycle is manual. And you can resume where you left off if you didn't restart.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Hosenfuhrer wrote:Is it though? The restart and resuming of the cycle is manual. And you can resume where you left off if you didn't restart.
That's the catch. It can actually be easy to accidentally resume the Daily Missions if you don't look and see what it is so you can avoid doing it before going hunting. With missions such as 'hearing an audio clue' or 'finding tracks from', it can be VERY easy to click just out of habit to register them, and BAM!! Daily Missions are resumed. :shock:

My helpful advice to the Daily Newbies is that if you did not get a mission done, be SURE to stop a game you are in 5 minutes before the reset. That way they can't accidentally restart thier streak. :)

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

splainin2do wrote:It can actually be easy to accidentally resume the Daily Missions if you don't look and see what it is so you can avoid doing it before going hunting.
I'm pretty sure they made a fix in an update where you literally can't accidently start a new round of dailies because that was an issue for so many people. I've had the same "find tracks from a female wolf" daily mission for over a year now, not because I haven't picked up any female wolf tracks, but because I haven't manually restarted the dailies. I could still use a resume streak card to resume the three day streak I had prior to breaking my last streak, even though that streak was forever ago.

I'm assuming you're not aware of this because you have a year and a half + streak going right now. If you broke that streak today, I can promise you would not accidently start new dailies unless you manually told it to, and you'd be able to resume your current streak anytime in the future.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

xOEDragonx wrote:
splainin2do wrote:It can actually be easy to accidentally resume the Daily Missions if you don't look and see what it is so you can avoid doing it before going hunting.
I'm pretty sure they made a fix in an update where you literally can't accidently start a new round of dailies because that was an issue for so many people. I've had the same "find tracks from a female wolf" daily mission for over a year now, not because I haven't picked up any female wolf tracks, but because I haven't manually restarted the dailies. I could still use a resume streak card to resume the three day streak I had prior to breaking my last streak, even though that streak was forever ago.

I'm assuming you're not aware of this because you have a year and a half + streak going right now. If you broke that streak today, I can promise you would not accidently start new dailies unless you manually told it to, and you'd be able to resume your current streak anytime in the future.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/QtN5M4PK/cat-wow.gif[/bigimg]

You are correct - I don't recall seeing that mentioned in an update!
I *DO* seem to recall a very long ago when I did break my first streak, it was BECAUSE I was still playing a game trying to get the mission done, not paying enough attention to the time, when suddenly it told me I accomplished something else. (Either that, or that is how hubby got his streak broken. Either way, it was a long time ago. ;) We have a great time "doing the Daily"s!)

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

splainin2do wrote:You are correct - I don't recall seeing that mentioned in an update!
Found it for you, it's the first thing listed for this update on August 11, 2021: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=93586

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”