Roosevelt Elk Call?

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Roosevelt Elk Call?

Post by OldMtnMan »

I understand the bugle call we have works for Rocky Mountain Elk and Roosevelt Elk. The problem is the two different elk don't sound at all the same. The call we have is for RME and it sounds good for that. However, it sounds nothing like a Roosevelt Elk which has a deeper growl type of bugle. The call we have sounds weak and whiny like a scream. The low growl bugle from the Roosevelt would be cool to have.

Just saying.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Roosevelt Elk Call?

Post by OldMtnMan »

On the subject of elk calls. Let me point out one more mistake in Classic.

In real hunting. One of the most used elk calls to bring in bull elk is the cow elk call. Not the bugle.

The bugle is a bull elk calling another bull elk to come fight. The cow call is a hot cow elk in estrus calling a bull to come breed with her.

If you were a bull elk which call would you go to?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

OldMtnMan wrote:On the subject of elk calls. Let me point out one more mistake in Classic.

In real hunting. One of the most used elk calls to bring in bull elk is the cow elk call. Not the bugle.

The bugle is a bull elk calling another bull elk to come fight. The cow call is a hot cow elk in estrus calling a bull to come breed with her.

At the very least we should have both, that's for sure. Incidentally Pete, in answer to your question, I'm a lover not a fighter, so yeah, I'm coming, I hear you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

:)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

OldMtnMan wrote:On the subject of elk calls. Let me point out one more mistake in Classic.

Elk this, and elk that, you'd think you were slanted towards them. Perhaps an avid elk hunter hiding behind that keyboard. Your secret is safe with us, they will never figure it out!

I jest hehe, but i do agree, i think that the reason for this is, it was a quick way to release the rocky mountain and attach a caller to them.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

trulight wrote:

Elk this, and elk that, you'd think you were slanted towards them. Perhaps an avid elk hunter hiding behind that keyboard. Your secret is safe with us, they will never figure it out!

I jest hehe, but i do agree, i think that the reason for this is, it was a quick way to release the rocky mountain and attach a caller to them.
You are correct trulight... the same goes for the Sitka Deer call being the same grunt call for them. I think it would be easy enough to set the Wolf "Elk Calf" Caller so it works on Roosevelt Elk... or create new callers for the Rocky Mountain Bull Elk and the Sitka Deer.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The wolf call we have now works for cow elk as it should. All they need to do is make it work for bulls too. Maybe drop the wolf part and just call it an elk call. The description could then point out it works for cows and bulls.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”