Stalker decoys?

VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Stalker decoys?

Post by VonStratos »

But as other pointed out, there already are callers and lures for that, and in the turkey example, is easier just place some turkey decoys near a tree-stand and pick them with a bow. A new item like this one is not really necessary in the current game, but, it could be implemented on the future depending on new reserves and animals, and new game play mechanics. Still i would only use something like that inside a game, i would not walk by any means in a hunting ground with that kind of "camo", that can attract animals or bullets, depending on your luck.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

Hmm...
Well, you're not wrong on the part where it could be implemented for future content. But, the callers and lures are way too accurate for any animal.
Even a coyote wouldn't pinpoint a calling location from, lets say, on the edge of the rendering range. I don't see how any of the stalker decoys could have an attraction value, similar to the current calls and lures. It may look like an animal, but it shouldn't bring them in like a caller or lure. Rather, the animal is coming closer to investigate, visually. Callers make animals investigate the area, as well as the lures.
Plus, this is an opportunity for those who prefer a stalk hunt that has a little challenge, mostly on the hunter's part. While it can be "camo", typically, the supposed "animal" will need to act like an animal. If the prey gets the sense that something is wrong, it may as well get out of there. Hunting doesn't need to be too easy. It just needs to be doable and fun. This is a video game after all.
Also, i don't get how "bullets" fit into the equation.

I Love Big Racks
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Irl there has been sadly accidents where a hunter shot another by confusing it with an animal, now imagine if a hunter goes dressed like a deer, that where bullets enter in the equation, in real life at least, inside the game it would be harmless... well maybe could cause some unfortunate shots in multiplayer too, but without the horrible consequences that such mistake can have irl. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:I can see where this is going ...

Would totally buy one.
:lol:

Nice one! I just doubt the 0.25 capacity cost. That thing has to come armor plated. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i would buy the deer suit :lol:

as for the decoys nah. :D
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

Oh....that don't sound like fun. But I guess that suit looks more...promising.

I Love Big Racks
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

Ive seen these before,but you would have a 0% chance of surviving in my neck of the woods without getting shot with one of those. ive done this tactic before but i used a mirror to sneak up on turkeys. the mirror reflects the grass/leaves on the ground onto the mirror.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

HooCairs wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:I can see where this is going ...

Would totally buy one.
:lol:

Nice one! I just doubt the 0.25 capacity cost. That thing has to come armor plated. :D
Only around the butt HC! :)
Code: Select all

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”