Added feral for bush ranger run

Butchiehunter97

Added feral for bush ranger run

Post by Butchiehunter97 »

With the addition of feral goats and axis deer to bush rangers I still feel the vast expanse of outback cold use some more feral. I can wander for hours in the western and north western part of the map and not find goats or fox or rabbit for quite A while. I suggest adding in the future feral donkeys, feral camels, scrub bull, and dingo. I don't think hunting feral cats would go over well with anybody even though in Australia they are a pest. But when I went hunting with my brother in law back in 2018 we dropped 6 donkeys 1 camels and 1 scrub bull. AND had a shoot and miss on a dingo. It just seems to me bush rangers has a lot of open ground and alot of room for atleast 4 more invasive species for us to hunt in game. I don't know. Let me know what you think in the comments. Always up for a peaceful debate.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Added feral for bush ranger run

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the forum. This is a peaceful place, no worries. :)

The largest part of the game was developed by a team from Expansive Worlds. They have done all the reserves and most of the species. Since the game is free to play there is no team from EW, but they work with contractors to keep the game going. The according studio has however also made some updates to the game and added some new species. That's roughly 4 species in 2 years. You would be lucky to get one of the animals you wish for.

As far as your selection, that would turn Bushrangers into a pest control map. Is this a hunter's dream? I don't hunt anything in real life that is bigger than a fly, so I don't know the answer. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

HooCairs wrote:As far as your selection, that would turn Bushrangers into a pest control map
It already is. Hogs, goats, European hares, red foxes and axis deer are not native to Australia. They are all species that have been introduced into that environment (for food or hunting purposes), and are now regularly hunted because they're a menace to the native habitat. The kangaroo is the only native animal in our current lineup.

Dingos would be a fun addition as they are Australia natives, but I assume they would function the same as coyotes/foxes so they wouldn't be particularly unique in that regard. Scrub bull would be like having banteng on BRR. Could be fun, but I also imagine it could be a total slaughterfest as they'd be big targets on a map that only has pockets of brush. It'd be more like hunting bison than banteng in that regard. Feral donkeys and camels would both be unique, but I'd be surprised if they ever made it into the game. They'd only be on that one map, and they could really only be scored on weight. I think most players of this game tend to be more interested in horns, antlers, or common game species versus obscure pest control only species. Axis are deer so they'll always be a hit in a hunting game, at least goats have interesting horns, and hogs are hunted widely for their size and tusks. Many people like predator hunting too but a dingo would only be unique for it's new model. I never hear anyone asking for donkeys or camels, so I just can't imagine they'd be high on a priority list.

That said, I agree Bushrangers isn't what I'd call a "full" map yet. I wouldn't mind seeing another species added, as there are a lot of options and a lot of places to put them. For being such an open map, I often look out on the expanses and see a whole lot of nothing. If I do see something, it's usually a group of pigs or a herd of a dozen small goats, rarely something to get excited about.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Dingoes are not Australian Natives. It is believed they were bought down by Malaysian or Indonesian fishermen. In efforts to establish their origens , Dna tests have established that the fleas they had are exactly the same as the Thai yellow dogs, to whom they appear most closely related.
But, so what. They are at least as endemic to Australia as underarm bowling.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Comrade_Floof

Post by Comrade_Floof »

xOEDragonx wrote: I never hear anyone asking for donkeys or camels, so I just can't imagine they'd be high on a priority list
I think Camels particularly would be more interesting than people think they would be. They could act more like the reindeer are behaving at the moment, in the sense that they would continuously roam the map and even exit the reserve. They could also be made to be pretty tank-y to deal with the fact that they would be fairly easy targets.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”