Still hoping for the Ruffed Grouse

Swampfox
Outfitter

Still hoping for the Ruffed Grouse

Post by Swampfox »

I hope there are a few Forum members and maybe a Staff member or two who have experienced the drumming of a Ruffed Grouse while hunting. :)
Hearing this sound while hunting in the Northeast forests and Appalachian Mountains has always kicked my adrenaline in high gear and I actually had a couple of successful stalks on these beautiful game birds.
I still hope the announcement will come someday of the Ruffed Grouse being added to Settler Creeks and we'll all be able to hear that haunting sound echoing through the EHR. 8-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVfiIp3 ... &index=106
Spoiler:
Atrox246

Re: Still hoping for the Ruffed Grouse

Post by Atrox246 »

Ruffed Grouse could also be added to Timbergold Trails and Redfeather Falls in addition to Settlers Creek
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Atrox246 wrote:Ruffed Grouse could also be added to Timbergold Trails and Redfeather Falls in addition to Settlers Creek
Totally agree with you on those locations! 8-)
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Swampfox wrote:
Atrox246 wrote:Ruffed Grouse could also be added to Timbergold Trails and Redfeather Falls in addition to Settlers Creek
Hey Swamp! I just saw that you replied on the forum - so had to say ***! You're not dead yet? Hell! Awesome! neither am I!!! It's been a long time - Anywhoo, cool to see old farts still digging! :D
Best as always to you and yours!!! ;)

Speaking of grouse - those would be cool but I wonder this - Can the game replicate how when you flush a grouse IRL, where you almost step on it and it flies out and you nearly **** your pants because it scares you so bad?
I loved hunting them as a kid, loved eating them too (yummy) but I'll never get over how they care the chit out of you when they take off.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Radamus wrote:
Swampfox wrote:
Hey Swamp! I just saw that you replied on the forum - so had to say ***! You're not dead yet? Hell! Awesome! neither am I!!! It's been a long time - Anywhoo, cool to see old farts still digging! :D
Best as always to you and yours!!! ;)

Speaking of grouse - those would be cool but I wonder this - Can the game replicate how when you flush a grouse IRL, where you almost step on it and it flies out and you nearly **** your pants because it scares you so bad?
I loved hunting them as a kid, loved eating them too (yummy) but I'll never get over how they care the chit out of you when they take off.
Hi Radamus! :D
Glad to see you on here and yep, it has been a while and I'm still crazy about hunting in the Classic! :D
Best hunting game ever!
I'd love to see the staff at EV and Ringtail Studios add the Ruffed Grouse to the EHR.
It seems logical they could program the birds to hold tight and not explode until the hunter was within less than 10m and that would duplicate the explosive dynamic rush of adrenaline when they bust out. :shock:
When I hunted in real life when I was younger I harvested a couple of Grouse when they were drumming by doing the slow crawl and stalking. Not easy but very rewarding! I also had success by sneaking in on them after spotting them while they were dusting.
Love those Ruffed Grouse! 8-)
Spoiler:

Return to “Animal Suggestions”