New Waterfowl Species

and145
Scout

New Waterfowl Species

Post by and145 »

Hi everyone,

Being an avid waterfowl hunter both in-game and in real life, I wanna ask a question to the community regarding the waterfowl in the game. I like the mechanics of waterfowl hunting in the game as it is right now but I feel that its lacking many different species of ducks mostly. We have 4 species of ducks and that's great, but were missing so many. I'm curious if its on EW's radar at all to add more duck species to the game. Some species that could be added... Wigeon, Wood Duck, Redhead, Bluebill, Green and Blue wing Teal, Canvasback. And honestly that's just a few of them. Plus I feel like we should be able to hunt ducks and geese all on one map, as this is often times done in real life... hunting ducks and geese in the same spot and often times at the same time. Also banded birds would be a nice touch. I'd love to hear everyone's feed back regarding this topic. Appreciate any and all responses.

Thanks everyone,
Andy
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: New Waterfowl Species

Post by JimboCrow »

Hey Andy! I'm also a big fan of waterfowl hunting. It would be absolutely fantastic if EW could add even some of the species you have mentioned. Ducks are among the most beautiful birds in the world, let alone being able to hunt them. They look so fine in the lodge; can you imagine a male Wood Duck in your lodge? Outstanding!!

Even though it's a smallish reserve there's still plenty of room for more duck species on Rougarou, perhaps even regionally distributed to different areas of the reserve. I don't see why they couldn't do it without reducing current populations, and the additional species would certainly attract more new players to become waterfowlers too.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

That would be great. There are about 20 species of ducks where I live, and I'd like to get some of them definitely. But not all of them should be noisy. :)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Lovebug

Post by Lovebug »

I hunt all sorts of waterfowl in real life and would live to see more in the hunter. Waterfowl, uplanding and rabbiting is a big reason I play classic

Return to “Animal Suggestions”