Fleeing Mechanics

Modifly1
Tracker

Fleeing Mechanics

Post by Modifly1 »

I've been watching a number of real world hunts lately on Youtube and I've noticed that deer don't always run off at 30 miles an hour in the opposite direction. Large deer especially. More often than not, I find the deer getting someone dazed and only slowly walking erratically once hit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJMnNGu6pqo this video and the others in the compilation show several instances of even mule deer not immediately running off as soon as being hit. I can't help but wish there was a 'daze mechanic' put in. Some of those elk required multiple shots. Many of those shots I would not be able to take in game since they'd have disappeared by then.

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Fleeing Mechanics

Post by OldMtnMan »

99% of my shots drop the animal on the spot. I've never taken a 2nd shot in Classic in game or real life.

That should be your goal. Not ask for the animal to slowly walk off so you can take a 2nd shot.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Bravo!
Spoiler:
FOCRJ
Spotter

Post by FOCRJ »

:lol: :lol:
OldMtnMan wrote:99% of my shots drop the animal on the spot. I've never taken a 2nd shot in Classic in game or real life.

That should be your goal. Not ask for the animal to slowly walk off so you can take a 2nd shot.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

FOCRJ wrote::lol: :lol:
OldMtnMan wrote:99% of my shots drop the animal on the spot. I've never taken a 2nd shot in Classic in game or real life.

Just so we're clear. Which one of us are you laughing at?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

I'm not denying that. Unfortunately I have had to take second shots once or twice. Just the way it is. I strive to minimise such events and thankfully my Kar 98 has been very forgiving in allowing for poor shots. I'm merely saying that a lot of real footage such as the one I linked earlier have shown a more slow 'dazed' appearance and I just thought it'd be a mechanic to perhaps simulate in future.

On the other hand, if it creates the impression I want it easy, or am happy to take follow up shots and I can state with absolute certainty that such a thing could not be further from the truth. I have only twice had to fire 2 shots due to lack of lethality, one was an elk and the other a moose from long range. I still think it was twice too many. Any other seconds taken were because of spine shots taken earlier when I first started. Every other animal has needed only one even if they run off for a time. And when that happens I do indeed beat myself up for it. I have quite a long post on trying to aim better and am starting to get better at it.

I was not asking for the sake of ease, more for the sake of 'This is what I've seen...perhaps it could be added'. Apologies if I made it seem like I was wanting to worm out of having to aim properly.

Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

In fact since the topic has shifted to 'One shotters', one idea I would have liked is if one could change the aspect angles of the static deer in the Redfeather falls range. They are static and immovable to my knowledge and it would be nice to be able to set them up at varying angles...or perhaps a deployable in the store? Unless there already is one that I just haven't seen.

Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Yeah I've seen a couple of deployables, but they are '2D' in that they are presented as flat targets.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”