Ammo Pool

Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Ammo Pool

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Been away for a few months and I did a search with no results on the following: Did EW ever fix the ammo per box issue (apparently not) whereby you can pool all ammo of a type that is left in a box so that you do not have to pack one box with 3 rounds left, another 7 rounds, and so on and yet each of these boxes still takes up the same capacity? What they should do, is have all partially used boxes throw all their rounds into a pool and have them assembled into full boxes with one partial leftover if need be. Does this make sense to you?
SRV
Tracker

Re: Ammo Pool

Post by SRV »

It is possible now to combine multiple boxes of ammo. Meaning that if you have a box of 3 bullets & a box of 5 bullets of the same type/caliber, you just put them in your inventory when in a hunt, go back out of it, come back in inventory & you'll have a box of 8 bullets.
This is good for all kinds of ammo. ( arrows, cartridges...)
Hope this helps.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Thanks again SRV. I was kinda hoping they would replenish boxes for saved loadouts so that when you entered you would have completely full boxes as that was how you saved the loadout. What I mean is that let's say you quit a session and you have only one box of cartridges with 22 in it. But you have let's say 7 FULL boxes in the Lodge. So when I go back into a session with SAME equipment as used last session, the 22 round box has now been replaced with 30 (a full box).
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I wish they had charged by the round instead of the box. It's not right to be charged the weight of a full box when you only have one round left in it.

That, or let us carry more weight. I can carry more than 20lbs.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

CaplockHunter wrote:I wish they had charged by the round instead of the box. It's not right to be charged the weight of a full box when you only have one round left in it.

Consolidating ammo kind of takes care of that problem. You can always start a hunt with full boxes, if you have them.

Carrying Capacity / Capacity Cost is not in lbs. It's closer to kg (2.2 lbs, for a total of 44 lbs), but it's still not a consistent number. Weapons CC are very close to their actual weight in kg.
However, ammo CC is about double it's actual weight in kg. Scent sprays CC are about 10x their weight. Decoys CC are only 20% of their weight.

Carrying capacity is some arbitrary number that's supposed to represent weight and size. But even then it makes no sense. You can carry 4 of the heaviest rifles.
You can carry 40 bottles of scent spray, that may take up 1/4 - 1/2 of your pack. But you can carry 80 goose decoys. IRL one would barely fit in a backpack.
Then to really bend the laws of physics, you can carry 4 tents, each with a complete lodge inventory. :?:

I think in-game the carrying capacity is generally way more than any sane person would ever hump out into the woods. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

It's worse than I thought. Thanks for the info.

As for the ammo. Maybe i'm too organized. I know I can start a hunt with a full box but then I end up with a bunch of partial boxes. So, I always start with the lowest number box and use it up before going to a full box.

btw...There are no boxes of ammo for the caplock. Powder is in a powder horn. Caps are in a capper, Balls are in whatever you want to put them in but they do make ball bags that usually hold 30-40 balls. If you don't cast your own balls they're sold in boxes of 100.
Pete

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

Consolidating ammo is a good option, but it has its little flaws. I think full box should always be on top of the inventory, so I don't have to juggle with boxes to get one. For example, I start hunt with .22 pistol which has 23 rounds. I click on ammo slot and it gives me the option to replace it with 33 rounds. Why? I want 50. I have 5 full boxes in inventory, why it gives me option to replace my ammo with the only box that isn't full? So, I should put ammo from pistol to backpack, then put half-empty box from lodge inventory to ammo slot, then replace it with full box, the throw out half empty box from backpack. It's inconveniet even if you has free room in your backpack, but if you don't, you need to throw out some other item to get room for such juggling.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

CaplockHunter wrote:I wish they had charged by the round instead of the box. It's not right to be charged the weight of a full box when you only have one round left in it.

You can always slap a rucksack on your dog, if you have one, for an additional 5 capacity. Native Americans used their dogs to carry or drag smaller weights.
Code: Select all
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

herajika wrote:I think full box should always be on top of the inventory, so I don't have to juggle with boxes to get one.
All about perspective. I always use partial boxes first, so this would annoy me. Much as camping supplies and med kits tend to place the full one on top and I have to get it out of the way to take the partially used one.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

nachthexe wrote:

You can always slap a rucksack on your dog, if you have one, for an additional 5 capacity. Native Americans used their dogs to carry or drag smaller weights.
I used the bloodhound in COTW and loved that dog. I'm not a fan of the hound in Classic. I just want a companion and not to track. Tracking should be done by the hunter. He's not a good companion in Classic.

I just think charging us for each round makes more sense than by the box. Some of the ammo it pretty heavy.
Pete

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”