Mouse wheel selects next/previous item

_dfad_
Scout

Mouse wheel selects next/previous item

Post by _dfad_ »

It would be nice if we switch between items in slots 4-9 (or even 1-0) with mouse wheel, like in some FPS games.

I play at night often when I can't turn the light on in the room, and blind switching between callers is not always sharp. Working with three (sometimes 4-5) different models of keyboard each day makes me to mistype often too.
It would be much easier if a player just had to scroll the mouse wheel instead of seeking for the proper key in a dark.

By now, as far as I remember, the wheel is only used for Aimpoint scopes, when a weapon is armed. So it should not be a problem to assign wheel to next/previous selections. Or, alternatively, this function could be assigned to Alt-wheel combinations.

Your opinion?

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Skorpiovenator

Re: Mouse wheel selects next/previous item

Post by Skorpiovenator »

I 100% support this idea. Iy would make switching much easier and more intuitive. It would be nice if they made this feature for the weapon slots as well, so you could quickly switch to a sidearm for an angry moose etc. +1 from me.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

If I remember correctly it's like this in Call of the Wild (haven't played it in a while) and to be honest I thought it was annoying because I tend to accidently switch equipment. If they implemented it (obviously some players would like it), I'd be happy if you could turn it off.
Image Image Image
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I tend to accidently switch equipment. If they implemented it (obviously some players would like it), I'd be happy if you could turn it off.
Yes, either it should be configurable like keyboard settings, or be combined with Alt key that is hard to be pressed accidentally.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

I'm scrolling the wheel all the time. It's not only used for the aimpoint scope. It's used for all scopes. And especially the spotting scope.
Further more, I think the switches between stuff are way too slow as it is to make it practical with the scrolling wheel.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Generalkommendant wrote:Further more, I think the switches between stuff are way too slow as it is to make it practical with the scrolling wheel.
Well, it's slow if you need to scroll from 1 to 9, but not when you just need to switch to neighbor position. :)

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

_dfad_ wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:Further more, I think the switches between stuff are way too slow as it is to make it practical with the scrolling wheel.
Well, it's slow if you need to scroll from 1 to 9, but not when you just need to switch to neighbor position. :)
Depends on the weapon sometimes also. Try to take away the crossbow when reloading it. Can be a pain in the...
DAT66

Post by DAT66 »

i wrote this in another thread early this year, would like to see this on mouse weel instead.

"i recently played Escape from Tarkov again and remembered the mouse scroll to adjust the moving speed in order to reduce noise - a very nice feature that i could imagine very good for this kind of game. you can scroll in crouch or stand/walk and reduce the noise you make from your gear or the bushes you sneak through.
so if any of the dev team is looking for new ideas, that would be something we could use in this game."

i have no problems reaching the 1-0 keys to change equipment. other than in fps, changing weapons or items is very slow and would not increase the QoL, tmo ^^
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Meanwhile...............illuminated keyboard.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”