Electronic Scent Releaser

Deconstructed
Outfitter

Electronic Scent Releaser

Post by Deconstructed »

Preferably one you can set to auto release scent every 20 minutes until turned off or you scent runs out. Please and thank you.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Electronic Scent Releaser

Post by Tod1d »

It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

As an avid Sambar hunter I have to say "Yes! Please!". :D
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

If they made a scent dripper item in the game that automatically refreshed scent every time the last scent expired, I'd get it. That'd be a pretty cool tool to have on hand for sambar or some of the felines. They'd have to make it so an animal could only be attracted once per deployment or else you'd have a lot of the same animals coming back every single time the scent refreshed, potentially trapping them in an area. You'd also only be able to deploy one every 500m or so like the e-caller so you couldn't trap them by having multiple drippers deployed.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

xOEDragonx wrote:If they made a scent dripper item in the game that automatically refreshed scent every time the last scent expired, I'd get it. That'd be a pretty cool tool to have on hand for sambar or some of the felines. They'd have to make it so an animal could only be attracted once per deployment or else you'd have a lot of the same animals coming back every single time the scent refreshed, potentially trapping them in an area. You'd also only be able to deploy one every 500m or so like the e-caller so you couldn't trap them by having multiple drippers deployed.
That actually happens with Sambar when manually spraying the lure. I spray every twenty minutes. Sambar will come in and stand around for a while, then lose interest and move off. As soon as I make the next spray, they turn around and come right back. :lol:
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Although, a lot of them do get out of range of the lure before the next spray.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm aware that happens, which is why I imagine such an item would need to be redeployed to attract a single animal a second time. With sambar it wouldn't matter so much, they roam fast enough that there is good chance they would be out of range before a concurrent scent release traps them a second time. With felines, not so much. Bobcats and lynx especially roam slow and often have long drawn out playful animations where they don't really go anywhere for minutes at a time. One could place a "dripper," it would attract a nearby cat, cat would start to leave, scent would reapply, cat would come right back, repeat indefinitely. If another cat roamed into range of the dripper, it too could be perpetually trapped. One could theoretically place a dripper, leave the area, then return to it later to find several cats returning to it every time it releases scent. So to keep players from abusing the slower roaming species, it would need to be redeployed before it would attract any individual animal a second time.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Or, alternatively, they could set it up where it requires you to be within a certain distance for it to activate the next spray. You wouldn't run out of lure so much that way too. :D
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

That wouldn't completely solve the issue I mentioned though. Someone could just go afk and let the game run, and stack up animals that way.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I do not really think, we need an automated scent releaser, but an indication, at what time the scent is no longer active (like the scent eliminator) would be great.
The problem would be how to mark which one is ment, in case scent is deployed in more than location or different sprays.
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”