Silencer

markosaral

Silencer

Post by markosaral »

Id like to see silencer for rifles then you dont scare animals away.
BCKidd

Re: Silencer

Post by BCKidd »

This was discussed before- it will never happen I don't think. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

markosaral wrote:Id like to see silencer for rifles then you dont scare animals away.
So, you can kill them all?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Use of silencers is very popular here in Europe but it's for 2 reasons. 1. Less of a noise hazard to humans (Some hunters wear no hearing protection at all so they can hear incoming animals) 2. It reduces the recoil. I'm sure not a single hunter that I know has put on a silencer in hopes of not spooking other animals in the vicinity cause such a supressor hasnt been made.

I know of cases where there are multiple deer in a field and 1 gets shot, with or without silencer, and others may either take some fleeing steps or just raise their heads and scan around but never flee. Friend of mine has shot 3 deer within couple minutes without a silencer in a field at about 100 meter distance. Last winter my dad shot a whitetail doe at 50m with 30-06 no silencer and the deer ran about 80m and died while the other doe it was with just stood up watching what was happening. He could have shot that one too if he had another permit remaining.

I dont know where the youth these days get the idea that having a silencer makes your shots so silent nothing spooks around but thats just not realistic. But then again some "realistic" hunting games allow you to shoot deer with air rifle at ridicilous distances and drop ducks with shotgun at 5 times the realistic range...
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”