muzzle-loading shotguns

juanmi650
Spotter

muzzle-loading shotguns

Post by juanmi650 »

Hi friends. I recently opened a topic on this forum giving the idea of adding more muzzleloaders (pistols). We currently have two sections: muzzleloaders and pistols. In that topic I opened I gave the idea to add a caplock gun. I have another idea: add muzzle-loading shotguns. I did some research and saw two types: Single Barrel and Double Barrel (I leave videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQwJQJgwZ3or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd2SgXIMTC0 ) I think that adding these weapons will be good for the game for the following reasons: 1-It would add more content to the game, as well as add more muzzleloaders to the game. 2- It would give a change of pace to the hunting of birds and rabbits, being able to revive hunting as it was in the past. What do you think? I look forward to your responses, and above all, thank you for being there :)
SRV
Tracker

Re: muzzle-loading shotguns

Post by SRV »

Since you are asking our opinions, I would say that we have plenty of weapons as is. Maybe even too many weapons for my liking.
I have weapons that I didn't use in ages. So what's the real necessity to have more?
With what we have, one can make whatever style of hunting he needs/he wants really.

Thank you
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

My philosophy is ignorant and very simple, if something more comes it is always more and not less so for me it is still okay if i then have to express an opinion on muzzle loading weapons...I prefer to go fishing...
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Yes I would like this, I really like the existing classic rifles so would love more. They're very stylish.

Although judging by the reload in your first video, the in-game reload animation for this new shotgun would be 6 times longer than any of the existing muzzleloaders? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if it's realistic I don't care! Looks great.

In general I think the more variety there is the better. More weapons, more weapon skins, more clothing etc.
SRV wrote:I would say that we have plenty of weapons as is. Maybe even too many weapons for my liking. I have weapons that I didn't use in ages. So what's the real necessity to have more? With what we have, one can make whatever style of hunting he needs/he wants really.
This sounds like communism :D :D :D
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

SRV wrote:Since you are asking our opinions, I would say that we have plenty of weapons as is. Maybe even too many weapons for my liking.
I have weapons that I didn't use in ages. So what's the real necessity to have more?
With what we have, one can make whatever style of hunting he needs/he wants really.

Thank you
First of all thanks for answering friend :). It is true that we have many weapons but very few classic muzzleloaders. On the other hand, using these weapons gives you a change of pace in hunting and allows you to relive what hunting was like 200 years ago. A change that for me is necessary and we do not get into the routine of always hunting with modern weapons. In addition, for many weapons that they find although (you are right) adding more is always good since it adds more content to the game and for those of us who like hunting with muzzleloaders, adding these weapons would be a gift since there are very few , exactly only three and two of them online (modern). They should add more classics.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

MaxVe wrote:My philosophy is ignorant and very simple, if something more comes it is always more and not less so for me it is still okay if i then have to express an opinion on muzzle loading weapons...I prefer to go fishing...
First of all friend thanks for answering :). If adding more content to the game is always good, since you prefer to go fishing instead of hunting with muzzleloaders it is a matter of taste. I think that adding these classic weapons would be good since those of us who like muzzleloader hunting only have three weapons, two of them modern. They should add more classics.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

SRV wrote:Since you are asking our opinions, I would say that we have plenty of weapons as is. Maybe even too many weapons for my liking.

Thank you
Not if you want to go muzzleloader shotgun hunting. Re-enacting is probably bigger than you realize. Although I don't believe it carries over to the game. Some might buy a muzzleloader shotgun out of curiosity. It would be no different than shooting any shotgun with only the loading being different. So, i'm not sure there's a need. I'd buy it.

What we miss with muzzleloaders in game is the loading and I feel it's the best part. Watching it is not doing it. Speed loaders are used in game. No real muzzleloader would use those things.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

juanmi650 wrote:
MaxVe wrote:My philosophy is ignorant and very simple, if something more comes it is always more and not less so for me it is still okay if i then have to express an opinion on muzzle loading weapons...I prefer to go fishing...
First of all friend thanks for answering :). If adding more content to the game is always good, since you prefer to go fishing instead of hunting with muzzleloaders it is a matter of taste. I think that adding these classic weapons would be good since those of us who like muzzleloader hunting only have three weapons, two of them modern. They should add more classics.
Sadly, even the caplock in game is a modern weapon. It's not a copy of any real muzzleloader but a gun developed in the 1970's to sell to the masses and it did that. Too bad the game devs decided to copy that gun instead of the real Hawken.

We need a real classic muzzleloader.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

Brutus969 wrote:Yes I would like this, I really like the existing classic rifles so would love more. They're very stylish.

Although judging by the reload in your first video, the in-game reload animation for this new shotgun would be 6 times longer than any of the existing muzzleloaders? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if it's realistic I don't care! Looks great.

In general I think the more variety there is the better. More weapons, more weapon skins, more clothing etc.
SRV wrote:I would say that we have plenty of weapons as is. Maybe even too many weapons for my liking. I have weapons that I didn't use in ages. So what's the real necessity to have more? With what we have, one can make whatever style of hunting he needs/he wants really.
This sounds like communism :D :D :D
First of all friend thanks for answering :). Yes, it would be great if they added more classic muzzleloaders. We currently have three and two of them are online (modern). Responding to the reloading, that's what it's all about, simulating hunting with these weapons. Needless to say, it would give a change of pace to hunting birds and rabbits. For lovers of muzzleloader hunting, it would be a pleasure to see how these precious weapons are reloaded and to shoot with them. Also, as you say, adding more would be better, more content.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:
juanmi650 wrote:
Sadly, even the caplock in game is a modern weapon. It's not a copy of any real muzzleloader but a gun developed in the 1970's to sell to the masses and it did that. Too bad the game devs decided to copy that gun instead of the real Hawken.

We need a real classic muzzleloader.
Yes! The truth is that we need it.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”