Bullet ammo for the parallel shotgun 16 ga

juanmi650
Spotter

Bullet ammo for the parallel shotgun 16 ga

Post by juanmi650 »

Hello to all friends. I recently got the 16 ga side shotgun. First of all I would like to know why this shotgun does not have bullet ammunition. I also wanted to give the idea that this shotgun had bullet ammunition, to give it more use and more versatility. What is your opinion? I await your answers delighted :)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Bullet ammo for the parallel shotgun 16 ga

Post by OldMtnMan »

That's strange they don't offer slugs for 16ga. They should.

It brings back old memories for me. I grew up in Mass and learned to hunt there. At the time all we could use for deer were shotguns. Dad bought me a 16ga for Christmas when I was 10 years old and it was the start of my big game hunting career. I loved it but that slug kick me like a mule. It knocked the snot out of deer too.

I'd like to hear the reason for no slugs for a 16ga from a dev.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I went it looked up the gun on Wiki. It's an 1800's gun. It could be that's what was offered back then. Sort of like the caplock shooting just the round ball back in 1800. Today a caplock can shoot conicals and sabots. I'm thinking the 16ga is similar and all they shot was birdshot and buckshot.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I went it looked up the gun on Wiki. It's an 1800's gun. It could be that's what was offered back then. Sort of like the caplock shooting just the round ball back in 1800. Today a caplock can shoot conicals and sabots. I'm thinking the 16ga is similar and all they shot was birdshot and buckshot.
First of all thank you friend for replying. Since I was little I used to go hunting with my father and I fell in love with his shotgun. A Russian export model 1900. Basically the same or similar design that appears in the game. I currently use it since his shotgun was given to me when he retired and it was the first shotgun I had. I am not a big game hunter but I have enjoyed it on several occasions and with his shotgun he uses bullet ammunition. I am also a lover of these precious weapons and you have to know that shotguns do not matter what year they are or how old they are, they can use any type of cartridge as long as it is of its caliber (8,10,12,16,20), except the muzzle-loading shotguns that is clear.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I understand it can use the slugs. It's the devs that decide what a gun will use. If they think slugs weren't used in 1800 then the gun doesn't get it. Just like I can't use conicals in the caplock. We just have to live with it.

Pretty cool that you have your dad's gun. My dad used a Winchester model 70 in 30-06 all his life after we left Mass. I wish I had it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I understand it can use the slugs. It's the devs that decide what a gun will use. If they think slugs weren't used in 1800 then the gun doesn't get it. Just like I can't use conicals in the caplock. We just have to live with it.

Pretty cool that you have your dad's gun. My dad used a Winchester model 70 in 30-06 all his life after we left Mass. I wish I had it.
Oh you're right. If they want the weapon to only use what it used in its time, but the truth is that adding bullet ammunition to make it more versatile would be great. By the way I would love to see his father's weapon, it really had to be beautiful!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yeah, we both do. The caplock they copied for the game is actually better suited to a conical than the patched round ball. (PRB)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Yeah, we both do. The caplock they copied for the game is actually better suited to a conical than the patched round ball. (PRB)
Another thing that makes me think...if they really wanted me to use the ammunition that the shotgun used in its time, why is the single-shot shotgun being older if it can use bullet ammunition? Same with the lever shotgun. The latter mentioned is from the same period as the parallel one. I don't know...it's weird. So the reason for the time and the ammunition used in this is ruled out.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm not sure how they think or who helped them. I know I have a long list that's wrong with the caplock.

I doubt they'll change anything. We just need to accept what we have and go hunt.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'm not sure how they think or who helped them. I know I have a long list that's wrong with the caplock.

I doubt they'll change anything. We just need to accept what we have and go hunt.
Yes... it seems that as you say we only have to accept what is there, but we have to try and report to improve or suggest changes for a better experience.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”