Bullet ammo for the parallel shotgun 16 ga

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Bullet ammo for the parallel shotgun 16 ga

Post by OldMtnMan »

Go ahead but i'll be shocked if you can get it added.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Go ahead but i'll be shocked if you can get it added.
hahahahaha let's give the developers a vote of confidence. There are many things that are left on the road and we will be here to remind you. Another thing is that they want to get the idea hahahahaha
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I think I found the answer.

When were slugs first invented? Do you know?

The 16ga is an 1800's gun and that is mentioned in it's description. No mention of that for the single shot 12ga. You assumed that because it looks old and it says it's a classic gun. Lot's of classic guns were made in the 1900's.

So, here you go. All the info you need about shotgun slugs. From what I read there were no slugs when the 16ga was made and i'm sure that's why the devs didn't include them. You need to research something before asking for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_s ... %22%20slug.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I think I found the answer.

When were slugs first invented? Do you know?

The 16ga is an 1800's gun and that is mentioned in it's description. No mention of that for the single shot 12ga. You assumed that because it looks old and it says it's a classic gun. Lot's of classic guns were made in the 1900's.

So, here you go. All the info you need about shotgun slugs. From what I read there were no slugs when the 16ga was made and i'm sure that's why the devs didn't include them. You need to research something before asking for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_s ... %22%20slug.
My friend, I am not talking about the time when the weapon was invented. I told you that they should put the bullet ammunition to make it more versatile and then the game is not developed in an old time, so even if the weapon is old, the bullet ammunition should have it because the game is developed in an era modern. And then, as I mentioned in previous messages, as long as the ammunition respects the caliber of the shotgun, it is used for the weapon, there is no turning back. I already investigated everything, I know shotguns like the back of my hand because I love them. They should add it.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I understand but the game doesn't seem to work that way. It appears they match the ammo to the era of the gun.

They've done the same thing to the caplock. It was developed in the 1970's by Thompson Center but uses ammo from the mid 1800's because it's a replica of the old gun.

Actually, your 16ga gun is different. I'm not aware it's a replica like the caplock but the original gun they sold you.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I understand but the game doesn't seem to work that way. It appears they match the ammo to the era of the gun.

They've done the same thing to the caplock. It was developed in the 1970's by Thompson Center but uses ammo from the mid 1800's because it's a replica of the old gun.

Actually, your 16ga gun is different. I'm not aware it's a replica like the caplock but the original gun they sold you.
If it seems that they only put the ammunition that the weapon used at the time... I'll have to put up with what's there, but that's a good way to do things. It seems to me that this is counterproductive, but it is what it is. Yes, friend, my father's weapon is original and at the time that shotgun could only use pellet ammunition, but as I said in previous messages, shotguns are made by cartridge caliber and not in size and shape like rifles, pistols, revolvers, etc. ....the shotgun can fire any type of ammunition as long as its caliber is respected (8,10,12,16,20). That is why I say that it is absurd that you cannot use bullet ammunition for this shotgun when it is totally false... but hey, they wanted to use this way and it is what it is.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yes, i'm very familiar with shotguns. Not only did I learn to hunt with one but in the 70's I made a living trap shooting.

We used to hunt for rabbits with shotguns too. Our neighbor had two beagles and we'd all go rabbit hunting together. The beagles would chase the rabbits in a big circle and drive them right past us. It was a pretty good challenge to hit those rabbits flying by at full speed. Even with a shotgun. I was impressed that the dogs could drive the rabbits right past us.

Did the shotgun thing for 3-4 years and then I got a Win 94 in 30-30 for Christmas again. that year we went elk hunting in Colorado. It was a long drive. I was hooked and didn't want to hunt anything else. That was in 1956 and I never missed a year to elk hunt. Not until last year when I finally had to retire from hunting. Now, here I sit play a hunting game. Life is cruel sometimes. I shouldn't say that. I had a lot of years to hunt. I'm ok retiring. I can still go catch supper fishing.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Yes, i'm very familiar with shotguns. Not only did I learn to hunt with one but in the 70's I made a living trap shooting.

We used to hunt for rabbits with shotguns too. Our neighbor had two beagles and we'd all go rabbit hunting together. The beagles would chase the rabbits in a big circle and drive them right past us. It was a pretty good challenge to hit those rabbits flying by at full speed. Even with a shotgun. I was impressed that the dogs could drive the rabbits right past us.

Did the shotgun thing for 3-4 years and then I got a Win 94 in 30-30 for Christmas again. that year we went elk hunting in Colorado. It was a long drive. I was hooked and didn't want to hunt anything else. That was in 1956 and I never missed a year to elk hunt. Not until last year when I finally had to retire from hunting. Now, here I sit play a hunting game. Life is cruel sometimes. I shouldn't say that. I had a lot of years to hunt. I'm ok retiring. I can still go catch supper fishing.
You are never too old for hunting friend. I'm glad to talk to a veteran hunter. I hope you will tell me hunting stories and share your experience with others. Young people should listen to you more and learn more about you in order to improve. That time when hunting was for food and not now that it is for pure entertainment. I wish I was born in your time and could have used those wonderful old muzzleloaders to hunt. For me you are an example to follow!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

You're right about never being too old to hunt. I didn't quit because i'm too old. I had to quit because of medical reasons. I won't whine about what they are but trust me I don't quit at anything.

I believe muzzleloader hunting is way more popular now than when I started to do it. It was a fun and challenging way to hunt. I'm glad I did it. I love all guns and I hunted with many different guns and bows. I always hunted for elk with the muzzleloader from 1980 on. I used rifles before that. However, for bear and deer I used all kinds of guns for all of my life. I love competition too and competed is many different forms for guns and even some bow comps with my longbow.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”