CVA Percussion .50 Caliber Muzzleloader Mountain Pistol

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: CVA Percussion .50 Caliber Muzzleloader Mountain Pistol

Post by OldMtnMan »

What's your country like? Can you own guns and hunt?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:What's your country like? Can you own guns and hunt?
Yes friend, hunting here is very popular. But the use of certain weapons is more prohibited, including the use of old muzzleloaders. And besides, the hunt that is most followed in my country is small game.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The .32 and .36 cal round ball guns are good for small game.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:The .32 and .36 cal round ball guns are good for small game.
Thanks friend for the recommendation. I currently hunt with shotguns. I have a double barreled model 1900. In the not too distant future I would like to get a muzzle-loading rifle. Although I cannot hunt in my country with her, I would like to have her. For me these weapons are like a treasure. I love them!
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

juanmi650 wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:The .32 and .36 cal round ball guns are good for small game.
Thanks friend for the recommendation. I currently hunt with shotguns. I have a double barreled model 1900. In the not too distant future I would like to get a muzzle-loading rifle. Although I cannot hunt in my country with her, I would like to have her. For me these weapons are like a treasure. I love them!
Another option to add these weapons. It's beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbfg3UEusd0
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

Honestly, it would be pretty cool to be able to hunt with this gun. Another video that demonstrates its effectiveness in hunting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDgjfEI2WQU
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yes, they sure are. All original mountain men carried one or two as backup to the Hawken or whatever rifle they carried. I love pistols and have had a bunch of them in .54 cal that shot a round ball really good. Lot's of fun to shoot.

You might be interested in what gun I carried when I did my elk hunting. It's a Don Stith kit that's an exact replica of the original Hawken. You'll notice it's nothing like the Hawken in game. Game Hawken has a 28" barrel. Check out the barrels in this kit. Actually, there's no part that's even close in the gun. Never any brass.

Here's the kit which is the cheap part ($1000). A good builder will charge $1500 to build it. It ends up a good investment. The gun will last forever and can be passed down.

https://www.donstith.com/j_s_half_stock.html
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Yes, they sure are. All original mountain men carried one or two as backup to the Hawken or whatever rifle they carried. I love pistols and have had a bunch of them in .54 cal that shot a round ball really good. Lot's of fun to shoot.

You might be interested in what gun I carried when I did my elk hunting. It's a Don Stith kit that's an exact replica of the original Hawken. You'll notice it's nothing like the Hawken in game. Game Hawken has a 28" barrel. Check out the barrels in this kit. Actually, there's no part that's even close in the gun. Never any brass.

Here's the kit which is the cheap part ($1000). A good builder will charge $1500 to build it. It ends up a good investment. The gun will last forever and can be passed down.

https://www.donstith.com/j_s_half_stock.html
The truth is beautiful my friend. As I say I would love to shoot in real life with one of these weapons. I love them and I want to get one, what happens is that from Spain it is very difficult but I will get it. Back on topic, I think adding a short muzzleloader (psitola) would be great. It would be very fun to play and hunt with it, it would add more content to the game and on top of that it is shown that it has enough power to hunt medium animals.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Colorado doesn't think so. A pistol muzzy can't be used for deer. Not sure how much power the game would make it but I doubt they'll ever make one. I don't see a demand.

I'm curious. Start a poll asking who likes and uses the caplock?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Colorado doesn't think so. A pistol muzzy can't be used for deer. Not sure how much power the game would make it but I doubt they'll ever make one. I don't see a demand.

I'm curious. Start a poll asking who likes and uses the caplock?
Um... well, it could be added for animals such as roe deer, fallow deer and black and white tailed deer as well as smaller animals such as lynxes, foxes etc... I think that these animals could be killed without any problems, as well as in the videos that pass in the previous messages shows how he is able to knock down those animals. I definitely think it would be fun to see in the game. Another thing friend, tell me the result of the survey is out of pure curiosity.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”