CVA Percussion .50 Caliber Muzzleloader Mountain Pistol

BCKidd

Re: CVA Percussion .50 Caliber Muzzleloader Mountain Pistol

Post by BCKidd »

There is a muzzleloading pistol in game- and it takes down everything. It can be bought in the store. Check it out if you haven't already. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

EDIT: Never mind, I see this was answered in another post. ;)

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yeah, it's an inline pistol that has a lot more power.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

BCKidd wrote:There is a muzzleloading pistol in game- and it takes down everything. It can be bought in the store. Check it out if you haven't already. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

EDIT: Never mind, I see this was answered in another post. ;)
First of all thanks friend for answering. I know there is a muzzleloader gun online, but I meant to add an old cal.45 or .50 muzzleloader. Like the old .50 muzzleloader but in a pistol. It has to be fun to play with and beautiful to look at in the game.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

It's name would be the Cap and Ball pistol. You could even call it a caplock pistol but i've never heard that used since it also comes in flintlock.

It's basically a pistol version of the rifle used at the time. Flintlock first and then caplock. Then all the way up to modern times and the inline pistol.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:It's name would be the Cap and Ball pistol. You could even call it a caplock pistol but i've never heard that used since it also comes in flintlock.

It's basically a pistol version of the rifle used at the time. Flintlock first and then caplock. Then all the way up to modern times and the inline pistol.
Thank you friend for clarifying and explaining it better. What is clear is that they currently use them and it has been shown that they have enough power to kill animals, as can be seen in the videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZCQgDH0gDo
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yes, of course they do. I was just pointing out how dumb Colorado has gotten with muzzleloaders. I was mad at them for not letting me use my .54 pistol for deer.

They also changed to law about round balls. For years we could use a .50 cal for elk. Then they decided it wasn't enough and changed the law to a .54 minimum. It didn't affect me because I used a .58 round ball for elk. However, my buddy went nuts who had killed a bull elk every year with his .50 Hawken.

I'm glad i'm retired from hunting now. Just because I don't have to deal with the Colorado DOW anymore.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Yes, of course they do. I was just pointing out how dumb Colorado has gotten with muzzleloaders. I was mad at them for not letting me use my .54 pistol for deer.

They also changed to law about round balls. For years we could use a .50 cal for elk. Then they decided it wasn't enough and changed the law to a .54 minimum. It didn't affect me because I used a .58 round ball for elk. However, my buddy went nuts who had killed a bull elk every year with his .50 Hawken.

I'm glad i'm retired from hunting now. Just because I don't have to deal with the Colorado DOW anymore.
It is something that I find very silly and at the same time disrespectful. Not because of today's hunters, but because of our hunter parents and grandparents. They who got up at dawn to bring our food home with the help of their rifles and shotguns. They have been proving for decades that they are reliable and sufficient to bring down animals if they make them suffer, respecting them and thanking them for being there to hunt them. And now it turns out that for four idiots who have no idea we have to put up with such nonsense. I really don't know what they think but we hunters don't.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Yes, of course they do. I was just pointing out how dumb Colorado has gotten with muzzleloaders. I was mad at them for not letting me use my .54 pistol for deer.

Dude, another weapon that could be added to muzzleloading would be muzzleloading shotguns. Look and research and there are two types, single barrel and double. It would be nice to see in the game and it would be fun to play giving a change of pace to hunting birds and rabbits. What do you think? Here I leave you videos: Double cannon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQwJQJgwZ3o Single cannon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd2SgXIMTC0
I will create a new discussion in the forum to see what the other players think.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Just so we're clear. I've been heavy into muzzleloaders for over 40 years. I doubt you can come up with anything about muzzleloaders that I don't know and i've probable owned to guns. That sounds arrogant and I don't mean to. It's just so you know.

Muzzleloader shotguns are a lot of fun to shoot and own. A little more involved loading as you need to use wads.

There's also smooth bore muzzleloaders that can use shot or ball/conicals. A very popular gun even to this day because it's so versatile.

What we miss in game and an addictive part of muzzleloaders is the loading. I love to load muzzleloaders. In game it's done with a speedloader. Real muzzleloaders never use those. Powder is carried in a powder horn. It's poured from horn to a powder measure which is usually an antler tip that holds the exact amount for the load you worked out. Then a piece of patching material is held over the muzzle and a ball centered on it. I take my knife and lay it flat on the ball and tap it with my palm so it loads in the bore. Then while holding up the material I cut it flush with the bore with the knife. Then ram it down with the ramrod. That way the ball is always centered on the material. I always use pillow ticking for material.

I'll watch your video later.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
juanmi650
Spotter

Post by juanmi650 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Just so we're clear. I've been heavy into muzzleloaders for over 40 years. I doubt you can come up with anything about muzzleloaders that I don't know and i've probable owned to guns. That sounds arrogant and I don't mean to. It's just so you know.

Muzzleloader shotguns are a lot of fun to shoot and own. A little more involved loading as you need to use wads.

There's also smooth bore muzzleloaders that can use shot or ball/conicals. A very popular gun even to this day because it's so versatile.

What we miss in game and an addictive part of muzzleloaders is the loading. I love to load muzzleloaders. In game it's done with a speedloader. Real muzzleloaders never use those. Powder is carried in a powder horn. It's poured from horn to a powder measure which is usually an antler tip that holds the exact amount for the load you worked out. Then a piece of patching material is held over the muzzle and a ball centered on it. I take my knife and lay it flat on the ball and tap it with my palm so it loads in the bore. Then while holding up the material I cut it flush with the bore with the knife. Then ram it down with the ramrod. That way the ball is always centered on the material. I always use pillow ticking for material.

I'll watch your video later.
At no time did I disrespect you, and if I did, it was not my intention. But that you are an expert does not mean that other people who like you cannot investigate more on the subject and present what you found or understood to a veteran like you so that he can correct it. For that you are to teach with your experience to those who come from behind. Have a nice day.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”