Modern and Strong Longbow

arrowhawke

Modern and Strong Longbow

Post by arrowhawke »

Hey there Hunters!

Dear developers, it has been ages since us longbow hunters have gotten a decent update. We do not ask much, just a modern longbow with all modern longbow benefits like, strenght, beauty, design, accuracy and power.

Modern long bows are more refined in their desing, easier to shoot, and stronger too due to modern materials such as fiber glass and carbon fiber. I don't care much for wich longbow model will be chose, but I highly suggest the Howard Hill style of bow due to it's hunting history and design.

By the way, Longbows are more accurate than recurves and easier to shoot, so please don't make as hard as the traditional one, be realistic about it.

Thank you all
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Re: Modern and Strong Longbow

Post by hunterPRO1 »

another long bow always welcome, this in 2 or 3 different skins would be really cool, or maybe a modern take on the recurve bow as well. with an optional sight.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I've used a longbow since the early 50's. So, I must like them. I didn't buy the game version because the videos I watched about it made it out pretty weak.

Anybody hunt for elk with one in game and what's the max range it can be used?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

The "point-on" range for the longbow is approximately 40m.
The tip of the "top blade" is approximately 30m.

A longbow arrow to the vitals of an elk may not "drop" them like the recurves -unless the heart is hit- but a <30 second tracking session afterwards is not so bad.
It's a rewarding and challenging weapon to use, and a great way to level up a scent hound.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

In terms of traditional bows, recurve is much quiet than moth the longbow and the cable-backed bow. It only takes one longbow shot for waterfowl to spook, but like 30-50 recurve shots for waterfowl to spook. Which is why I prefer to only use a longbow when I know there is not another animal in a 40-meter radius.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Thanks guys. I always wanted to try a recurve in real life but couldn't give up my longbow. maybe the game is my chance to try a recurve. Does it matter which recurve. The heavy seems to shoot flatter and might have more power to drive in the arrow farther.

I just shot a nice bull with the Python in a competition. It put me in 2nd for now. That won't last. How does the heavy recurve compare to it for noise and power?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

OldMtnMan wrote:How does the heavy recurve compare to it for noise and power?
I can't answer from my own experience since I don't use it, but it DEFINITELY has more penetration, that's why they named it "heavy recurve" ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Maybe i'll buy both the heavy and longbow. I'll see which one I like best. Maybe the recurve for competition and the longbow for my personal hunting. Unless the longbow does ok on elk and then i'll use it for everything. I'll finish off today's elk competition with the longbow to test it.

I used the muzzleloader and longbow in real hunting. The longbow for muley and the muzzy for elk and bear.

There's an elk competition starting tomorrow for bow only. I was going to use the Python but traditional will be more fun.

Thanks again.

btw...Hell of a score on the last competition you put up Curly. Were there any elk left on your map? :lol:
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

OldMtnMan wrote: btw...Hell of a score on the last competition you put up Curly. Were there any elk left on your map? :lol:
Of course, there were ;)
I think it's like 70 animals for each normal spawning species, with exception of elusive cats, and waterfowl.
So probably a good 40 elks left on my map after each "muzzle-run-by".
The first-ever time that competition was running, a good hunter by the name of AVC2013 put up a whopping 40k kilogram score.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I doubt i'll ever win a competition the way I hunt but I have fun anyway. Especially, if it's required to kill a lot of elk. I could get lucky in a competition that only asks for one bull with the best score. It would take some luck to find one though.

I just bought the heavy recurve. I'll try it first since i'm trying it in a competition.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”