St Patrick's Day 2023

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

St Patrick's Day 2023

Post by AveryW88 »

Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona duit!

And we wish you the luck of the Irish at this fine event. We've got the usual Mission and 3 tiered comps over the space of a week and the Community Campaign. That's right, a rising tide lifts all ships so team up as a community to slay enough Whitetail Deer. On the mission pop-up (use the banner in the launcher or on the website), you'll see a bar for community prizes. Harvest at least 20 to qualify, slaughter more to fill the bar and gain all your prizes. You do not need to play in multi or single-player, it's up to you how you do your slaying. Gender does not matter, nor does the type of antler rack. Any Whitetail Deer harvested in the EHR will count.

Participate for the prizes, the trophies, and the glory! All hunters with enough Whitetail Deer at the end of March 21st will win Community Prizes!

In order to take part in the event, you will have to click on the big banner you will find in the Launcher (or Website) home page:

CALENDAR

Event Duration: 7 days

Start: 15 March 2023 (Wednesday) - morning

End: 21 March 2023 (Tuesday) - 23.59 UTC

CAMPAIGN

The more Whitetail Deer the Community harvests, the more in-game prizes each player is rewarded. Remember you personally need at least 20 Whitetail Deer to receive prizes. This is how the prize pool looks:

MISSION

This year's mission is called Luck of the Irish

"Craic to see you again, Hunter! It's Sean Healy, again. I wasn't planning to bother you again this year, but here's the story: I thought I'd wander around by myself to get the data I need, but it turns out I have a hole in my bag. I've dropped a few things, and it looks like the animals have eaten them, based on the tracks. I've got a flight to catch, so I don't really have the time to wait for my possessions to, er, turn up. Could I trouble you to find these animals for me and, er, retrieve everything? I have some pretty good descriptions of the animals in question. A healthy reward offered, obviously. I hope I can count on you."

The mission will last through the event duration from 15th March to 21st March.

Completing it will earn the hunter the following rewards:

COMPETITIONS

Completing Competitions won't earn you anything special for the campaign, except that warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment, and isn't that enough? That and a shot at some em$ and a trophy, of course.

We've switched totally over to the scaling tiers, so remember if you're seeking help with how to do something, the person you ask may be in a different tier with fewer or more parameters.

Each competition comes with 7 tiers based on your Hunter Score:

RULES

What would a game be without rules?

We have one simple rule for our events: No exploitation of existing game mechanics to gain an advantage. All winners' hunts will be checked by EW staff prior to prizes being rewarded, and the decision will be final.

In case of exploits usage, EW has a right to disqualify the player from this event.

SALES

And what would an Event be without sales? We're not sure, but we do know that we'd get nasty messages if we skipped them, so we've made sure to put sales in.

Make sure to check out the Sale section to see the full list!

That's all folks, any questions, feel free to post them below.

Enjoy all!
muldo
Outfitter

Re: St Patrick's Day 2023

Post by muldo »

Slainte Avery. :mrgreen:
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

I love to play these fun and challenging events,...thanks, Avery :!:
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

I cannot find the "bar for community prizes" in the mission pop-up.
How do I make a mission "Favourite"?
Spoiler:
JDD
Scout

Post by JDD »

Lets see if I can actually accomplish something here.

Thanks for the event.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Mission completed!

Thanks to the dev team.
Was fun again!

Now I am going to add some more Whitetails to the counter...
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Missions done, tricky to find the Fallow Deer, not so many seemingly about. Thanks for an excellent mission set and now to the Whitetail slaughter.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

We're two days in and the Whitetail community count is already over 22K. It will be over 25K so quickly that maybe they could double the scale, double the requirements, and double the prizes!! There's still plenty of time left!! How high can we go???? ;)
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I think they felt badly for us as we missed the goal for grouse last time. They went easy on us this time- but perhaps a little too easy! ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Wow, well done community, are there any Whitetail left?

Return to “Official Community Competitions”