Mardi Gras 2023

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Mardi Gras 2023

Post by AveryW88 »

Laissez les bon temps rouler, Hunters!

Mardi Gras is almost upon us. It sounds like an excellent excuse to make a lot of noise and mess doesn't it? Join in the fun with a Mission and 3 tiered comps over the space of a week and the Community Campaign. That's right, a rising tide lifts all ships so team up as a community to slay enough Wood Grouse. You'll see a bar for community prizes on the mission pop-up (use the banner in the launcher or on the website). Harvest at least 30 Wood Grouse to qualify, slaughter more to fill the bar and gain all your prizes. You do not need to play in multi or single-player, it's up to you how you do your slaying. Gender does not matter. Any Wood Grouse harvested in the EHR will count.

Participate for the prizes, the trophies, and the glory! All hunters with enough Wood Grouse at the end of February the 21st will win Community Prizes!

In order to take part in the event, you will have to click on the big banner you will find in the Launcher (or Website) home page:

CALENDAR

Event Duration: 7 days

Start: 15 February 2023 (Wednesday) - morning

End: 21 February 2023 (Tuesday) - 23.59 UTC

CAMPAIGN

The more Wood Grouse the Community harvests, the more in-game prizes each player is rewarded. This is how the prize pool looks:

MISSION

This year's mission is called Party Animals

Let's get this celebration on the road! We've never done a Mardi Gras event so I have to admit we are woefully underprepared for it. We, er, don't have a budget for decorations (although we do have a lot of Ginger Ale, recently liberated from Doc's cellar), so we'll be asking our Hunters to find a few things for us. I don't know about you, but when I think of Mardi Gras, I picture loads of colour, feathers, masks, maybe some antler maracas, and of, course food. Let's start there and see what else occurs to us.

The mission will last through the event's duration from the 15th February to 21st February .

Completing it will earn the hunter the following rewards:

COMPETITIONS

Completing Competitions won't earn you anything special for the campaign, except that warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment, and isn't that enough? That and a shot at some em$ and a trophy, of course.

You'll also notice that the second competition in the series is a little different; the difficulty scales for the tiers. Let us know what you think of it.

Each competition comes with 7 tiers based on your Hunter Score:

RULES

What would a game be without rules?

We have one simple rule for our events: No exploitation of existing game mechanics to gain an advantage. All winners' hunts will be checked by EW staff prior to prizes being rewarded, and the decision will be final.

In case of exploits usage, EW has a right to disqualify the player from this event.

SALES

And what would an Event be without sales? We're not sure, but we do know that we'd get nasty messages if we skipped them, so we've made sure to put sales in.

Make sure to check out the Sale section to see the full list!

That's all folks, any questions, feel free to post them below.

Enjoy all!
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Re: Mardi Gras 2023

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Wow!!!! Well, well done striped tails !!!!! Thank you!!!
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Sounds like fun!
Spoiler:
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

very good idea ! and just... because in the end the united states party or thank guiving does not concern us! of course I'm kidding...
Thank you for this event and congratulations for the work! ;) :P
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Gonna be fun and challenging,....thanks, Staff :!: ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Thank you Avery and Staff members for the 2023 Mardi Gras Event! 8-)
Spoiler:
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Thank you so much for this event.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Wow, that was fast! Congrats!
I have not even had a chance to start!
Any advice for the bear?
That seems to be the most difficult requirement in this mission.
Spoiler:
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

It took a couple of attempts to get him. The real trick seems to get within 20 meters of the bear without being noticed (recommend using scent eliminator spray). If you can crawl with inside 20 meters just stand up with your favorite weapon and get read to fire. I use the same tactic to get moose to charge. Hunting the bear over a bait barrel 20 to 25 meters away from your tree stand would greatly increase your chances and if you fail to get the bear to charge it will usually be back in around 11 minutes.
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”