Holiday Event 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
BCKidd

Re: Holiday Event 2022

Post by BCKidd »

napeHb_c_neperapom_DK wrote:
BCKidd wrote:If only Santa would keep his HoHo-ing down, I might finally get that Lynx. And as far as I can tell, Rudolph doesn't exist at all. :lol: :lol: .

BCKidd.
Hi bro !! The female Rudolf has NT antlers) Maybe this will help you. Peace ;)
Hey Nape- is that you? I did get Rudolph- he wasn't too impressive but all I wanted was that dang red nose. Only need the Fox and Lynx now. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Do Turkeys only count as 2 present$ ?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

jttoo wrote:Do Turkeys only count as 2 present$ ?
They actually count as 10 even though it says "any bird" would get 2. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

HooCairs wrote:
:o well I should have gone after turkeys :lol:

Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

HooCairs wrote:
This was already last year! I wanted to test it, bud did not find time to do, so far.
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Mission done and 2058 presents in the sack , so I cand dip in and out as needed. Merry hunting all,
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

AveryW88 wrote: Participate for the prizes, the trophies, and the glory! The hunter with the most Present$ at the end of December the 21st will win a generous first prize!
Hi Avery, for future events like this could you consider making collecting presents from the landscape as viable as harvesting land animals? With the way the landscape presents range from 1 to 10 present$, this isn't as time efficient at all when compared to slaughtering every animal that comes close, for 10 points each. With the 6 missions we still need to get over 1.3k points, or harvest over 130 animals. Everything is a time/effort tradeoff, so with this event the best option is to slaughter 130+ animals as fast as you can.

If I had the equally viable option to gather landscape presents versus wholesale slaughter, I would prefer to spend the time running the landscape. It would be nice to have the choice.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

jttoo wrote:If I had the equally viable option to gather landscape presents versus wholesale slaughter, I would prefer to spend the time running the landscape. It would be nice to have the choice.
I feel like in past events, the collectibles used to be worth more. This led to players grinding for the campaign by collecting collectibles exclusively. There were always comments made about how people didn't like that the focus of a hunting game was no longer hunting, but collecting. I enjoy collectibles, but I disagree that they should be treated as equal to harvesting animals. I don't think it should be equally as easy to get 1300 points by running around the map collecting items as it is shooting animals. To echo those comments of the past, it's a hunting game. Keep the focus on hunting.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

xOEDragonx wrote: I feel like in past events, the collectibles used to be worth more. This led to players grinding for the campaign by collecting collectibles exclusively. There were always comments made about how people didn't like that the focus of a hunting game was no longer hunting, but collecting. I enjoy collectibles, but I disagree that they should be treated as equal to harvesting animals. I don't think it should be equally as easy to get 1300 points by running around the map collecting items as it is shooting animals. To echo those comments of the past, it's a hunting game. Keep the focus on hunting.
I don't remember whether the past events ever had equally viable collection options, of either landscape presents or animal harvests. I believe I too remember that landscape collection was the main or only option.

I hear you about keeping it focused on a hunting game, however having to harvest 130+ animals doesn't feel like hunting to me; it feel like slaughter, and somewhat of a chore. Thank god the turkeys count for 10 points, as I don't feel so bad in mass harvesting them. Would equally viable collection options really be a bad thing, if it allows player to choose how they want to complete the task?
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

Is the fox competition bugged? I killed 2 foxes from +100m and they didnt count (singleplayer)

Forocoches no es un foro de coches. :geek:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”