Holiday Event 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Re: Holiday Event 2022

Post by splainin2do »

Interesting... and at the risk of making this harder on myself (as I always have limited time to complete the events), the nice big Rudolph I harvested with a shotgun a few hours ago DID count for both the "rudolph" and "normal/scoring 450 or more/single shot/shotgun" objectives. Is this intentional or a happy oversight? ;)

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /915215223
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

splainin2do wrote:Interesting... and at the risk of making this harder on myself (as I always have limited time to complete the events), the nice big Rudolph I harvested with a shotgun a few hours ago DID count for both the "rudolph" and "normal/scoring 450 or more/single shot/shotgun" objectives. Is this intentional or a happy oversight? ;)

Your rudolph was bigger than the 450 and it still registers as a reindeer, a Mythical fur variant one but still a reindeer. so if shot with shotgun both objectives would have been meet.

splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

DeadClopz wrote:
splainin2do wrote:Interesting... and at the risk of making this harder on myself (as I always have limited time to complete the events), the nice big Rudolph I harvested with a shotgun a few hours ago DID count for both the "rudolph" and "normal/scoring 450 or more/single shot/shotgun" objectives. Is this intentional or a happy oversight? ;)

Your rudolph was bigger than the 450 and it still registers as a reindeer, a Mythical fur variant one but still a reindeer. so if shot with shotgun both objectives would have been meet.
That's what I was hoping when I used the shotgun... but the list does specifically say "normal" reindeer.
  • Harvest a normal Reindeer scoring 450 or more with a single shot from any ethical shotgun.
    Harvest a female Reindeer with a single shot from any ethical shotgun.
    Harvest a Rudolph Reindeer. There's only supposed to be one Rudolph, right? Get those imposters!
To me, that implied I'd have to shoot three to help complete the mission. If it said "Harvest a male..." or "Harvest any reindeer scoring...", I would not have questioned it. :)

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

splainin2do wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:

That's what I was hoping when I used the shotgun... but the list does specifically say "normal" reindeer.
  • Harvest a normal Reindeer scoring 450 or more with a single shot from any ethical shotgun.
    Harvest a Rudolph Reindeer. There's only supposed to be one Rudolph, right? Get those imposters!
To me, that implied I'd have to shoot three to help complete the mission. If it said "Harvest a male..." or "Harvest any reindeer scoring...", I would not have questioned it. :)
Maybe they didn't think rudolph got that big... :? :lol:

splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

DeadClopz wrote:
splainin2do wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:
I guess they do! He would have been bigger without a short/broken left bez, too. He looks nice in my Oddity Lodge! :D
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/wB14JxRf/rudolph.jpg[/bigimg]

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

splainin2do wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:
splainin2do wrote: That's what I was hoping when I used the shotgun... but the list does specifically say "normal" reindeer.
I guess they do! He would have been bigger without a short/broken left bez, too. He looks nice in my Oddity Lodge! :D
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/wB14JxRf/rudolph.jpg[/bigimg]
Very nice. I can't remember what scores my rudolphs are in my lodges. I need to straighten them out :? :lol:
I don't think you can get a perfect rack with nothing broken on a reindeer, :cry:

trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

That's allright I had a female count as my rudolph.

Rudoplh the female reindeer.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/trul ... /914898688
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

If only Santa would keep his HoHo-ing down, I might finally get that Lynx. And as far as I can tell, Rudolph doesn't exist at all. :lol: :lol: .

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
napeHb_c_neperapom_DK
Hunter

Post by napeHb_c_neperapom_DK »

BCKidd wrote:If only Santa would keep his HoHo-ing down, I might finally get that Lynx. And as far as I can tell, Rudolph doesn't exist at all. :lol: :lol: .

BCKidd.
Hi bro !! The female Rudolf has NT antlers) Maybe this will help you. Peace ;)
KorneliooS

Post by KorneliooS »

Hi there,
I noticed there are mistakes in the Polish translations in this section:
Harvest a normal Reindeer scoring 450 or more with a single shot from any ethical shotgun.
In Polish:
Harvest a normal Reindeer scoring 450 or more with a single shot from any ethical shotgun.
Upoluj Renifera za pomocą pojedynczego trafienia z dowolnej dozwolonej strzelby.
Upoluj Renifera Rudolfa. Na pewno go nie pomylisz, nie? Uważaj na oszustów!
Task no. 8.
[EN] Harvest a female Reindeer with a single shot from any ethical shotgun.
[PL] Upoluj Renifera za pomocą pojedynczego trafienia z dowolnej dozwolonej strzelby. - [en] Female = [pl] samica
in Polish is not mention that it is supposed to be a female Reindeer. That makes confused for some players using Polish translation. When I switched to English, everything has understood.
Is there an active Polish group of translators? How can I contact them? Maybe I can help a bit.

Besides that, some part are not translated at all

Return to “Official Community Competitions”