International Rabbit Day 2022

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: International Rabbit Day 2022

Post by DeadClopz »

xOEDragonx wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:How soon does the count on harvests update?
I.E. friend of mine got a score for the cottontail comp,(obviously had to shoot at least 5) but the number says she only harvested 2 rabbits.
Was it a multiplayer game? I'm noticing that the harvest amounts count for the person who harvests the rabbits, not the person who actually killed the rabbits. If she shot 5 but only picked 2 up and someone else picked up the other 3, she would only have 2 towards the main rabbit collection event.

No, she shot and harvested all 5 of her comp required rabbits. I had also shot a bunch on a different map and let her harvest them. they didn't count. however, since then she has been able to collect some more rabbits and those did count. She hasn't reached her 30 yet but she has harvested more than the number the event has credited her for.

splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I'm having a similar "issue"... so far I've shot 5 cottontail and 5 European rabbits. Both were in MP sessions; both counted as entries in the Thumper/Burrower competitions so I know they "registered" somewhere besides my hunt history.
However, only the cottontails are currently showing as counting towards my total.

With the cottontails, I was the host, but no one joined in (permissions set to friends only). These rabbits appeared in my total count as soon as the game ended (if not sooner).
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /113315763

With the Europeans, I joined an MP game hosted by Yooptoo (sitting next to me on his computer), so I was a guest. This game ended almost 12 hours ago, but these rabbits still do not appear in my total count.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /113336525
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

splainin2do wrote:I'm having a similar "issue"... so far I've shot 5 cottontail and 5 European rabbits. Both were in MP sessions; both counted as entries in the Thumper/Burrower competitions so I know they "registered" somewhere besides my hunt history.
However, only the cottontails are currently showing as counting towards my total.

With the cottontails, I was the host, but no one joined in (permissions set to friends only). These rabbits appeared in my total count as soon as the game ended (if not sooner).
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /113315763

With the Europeans, I joined an MP game hosted by Yooptoo (sitting next to me on his computer), so I was a guest. This game ended almost 12 hours ago, but these rabbits still do not appear in my total count.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /113336525

I was the host as well, so maybe that has something to do with it. She has since done single player and has achieved her rabbits.

Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Sounds like fun and challenging,....I love to play these kind of events :!:
Thanks, staff.
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

We've seen a couple of these reports about rabbits not counting and they all seem to have been fixed by validating Steam files.

If you haven't done it before:
Go to Classic in your Steam Library. Either right-click on the name

Or use the gear icon over on the right and select properties.

Select LOCAL FILES and click on Verify integrity of game files...

It should sort out the problem with harvests.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

DeadClopz wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:How soon does the count on harvests update?
I.E. friend of mine got a score for the cottontail comp,(obviously had to shoot at least 5) but the number says she only harvested 2 rabbits.
Was it a multiplayer game? I'm noticing that the harvest amounts count for the person who harvests the rabbits, not the person who actually killed the rabbits. If she shot 5 but only picked 2 up and someone else picked up the other 3, she would only have 2 towards the main rabbit collection event.

No, she shot and harvested all 5 of her comp required rabbits. I had also shot a bunch on a different map and let her harvest them. they didn't count. however, since then she has been able to collect some more rabbits and those did count. She hasn't reached her 30 yet but she has harvested more than the number the event has credited her for.
Whoever harvests the rabbits gets the credit for them
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

AveryW88 wrote:We've seen a couple of these reports about rabbits not counting and they all seem to have been fixed by validating Steam files.....It should sort out the problem with harvests.
Excellent and clear instructions... but it did not update my rabbit count.
I have two systems that I can log into my Steam account to play from; one at home and one at work (don't tell my boss! ;) ). I verified files on both systems, and also cleared game and launcher cache on (and even rebooted) both as well. My rabbit count is still the 5 rabbits short that I shot and harvested in a MP game where I was the guest.

It's a little annoying, but not as heartbreaking as the MP bug experienced last night when, as a guest, I couldn't harvest a brown bear the host shot. It turned into a zombie bear, dead but growling, and although I could see it, the host could not! :lol:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Poor bear! I think you traumatized him! :D ;) friendly
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Hornet_17
Spotter

Post by Hornet_17 »

Thanks for this original event EW's Team.
Nice trophies, rewards, missions pack and comps.
I liked the idea of the community collaboration to realise the challenge and the objective to qualify for it.
An event to decline with others species for sure.
Good job again :)
Last edited by Hornet_17 on September 28th, 2022, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

Thanks to the EW team for the event and the original idea of the players working together to achieve the goals. "Ringtail Forge" did not let us down this time either. ;)

Return to “Official Community Competitions”