Happy Holidays 2023

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Happy Holidays 2023

Postby InvisibleFlame9 » December 6th, 2023, 7:49 pm

There is no way I can slither out of this. Damn!
Bort
Scout

Postby Bort » December 6th, 2023, 10:21 pm

Thanks for putting the time in to put this together and make a new lynx variant for it!
I've been looking forward to this event for several weeks :)
It's finally here!

Good luck and happy holidays everyone!
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Postby Dr_ViEr » December 6th, 2023, 11:59 pm

Thanks for the Mission. Just the fox to go..
Was lucky with the reindeer no. 1 & 2 wath Rudolph and mythical and no. 5 a 500+ normal bull.
Hope to find a yule cat for my lodge!
Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Postby InvisibleFlame9 » December 7th, 2023, 2:34 am

What does "Co-op" mean in this event? It sounds like I must harvest at least 30 Reindeer to qualify for any prize. What does completing the mission + meeting the 30 Reindeer min mean for us individually?
trulight
Scout

Postby trulight » December 7th, 2023, 5:57 am

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:What does "Co-op" mean in this event? It sounds like I must harvest at least 30 Reindeer to qualify for any prize. What does completing the mission + meeting the 30 Reindeer min mean for us individually?

If you complete your mission you get 3000 GM$, Tripod Stand, And The Holiday Mission Trophy.

The Shooting 30 reindeer to qualify, allows you to collect whatever the community gets to tier wise of the prize listing.
Which will get ya at least 50 EM$ and a Treestand.
But if the community kills 30k 45k 60k and 75k that EM prize goes up maxing out at 250 EM$ for the 75k kills. The community does it as a whole.
Bort
Scout

Postby Bort » December 7th, 2023, 6:10 am

InvisibleFlame9 wrote: (1) What does "Co-op" mean in this event? It sounds like I must harvest at least 30 Reindeer to qualify for any prize. (2) What does completing the mission + meeting the 30 Reindeer min mean for us individually?

trulight's much shorter answer explains it well. Here's a more detailed explanation.

1. It means we can play multiplayer to help each other complete the event mission objectives and help each other get as many Reindeer harvests as possible during the 15 days the event runs. Some people, even veteran players, might not be familiar with the Hemmeldal map and struggle to find any animals. It seems the main trick to being successful on Hemmeldal is to crouch walk everywhere until we get a call from an animal and either sneak close to it tracking it down or call it in to us. New players might not have a weapon permitted to shoot and harvest reindeer. A player with a permitted weapon can shoot and kill reindeer for them and let them harvest the body so they get their 30 harvests and receive a tree stand and the em$ reward the community has earned.
Everyone can participate, everyone that participates at all and gets their 30 reindeer harvests receives a tree stand and the em$ reward. We can spend the em$ we get however we want.

2. The event mission pack rewards each individual player that completes all the objectives with a Trophy (image) on their profile in their Trophies section, 3000 gm$, and a (winter camo) Tripod Stand. The mission pack is only allowed to be completed once. It doesn't reset if we reset at all, even if we reset all the missions. We can cooperate on this by one player that shoots an animal that will complete an event mission objective lets a different player collect the animal's body.

Each individual player must harvest 30 reindeer during the 15 days of the event to "qualify" to get the rewards earned by the community as a whole. If a person does not get 30 reindeer harvests in that time they don't get a tree stand or the em$. They don't get anything if they haven't harvested at least 30 reindeer. They don't have to shoot and kill each one of the 30 themselves, someone else can do that.
Each individual player has to collect at least 30.

When you click on the banner and the page opens up there are 2 progress bars. Hover over the images above the progress bar at the top. A tooltip (I think they're called "Modals" now) appears sharing how many harvests the community has to get to earn that em$ amount. For example if you hover over the 3rd image that one means if everyone that participates in the event hunting Reindeer gets 45000 "kills" (harvests, if we don't collect they don't count) everyone who's gotten their individual 30 harvest gets 150 em$ and a tree stand on December 22nd.

The second, lower, progress bar is a counter that counts how many of the 30 Reindeer harvests you have as an individual.

Does that clarify it well enough for you?
AdirHunter

Postby AdirHunter » December 7th, 2023, 10:25 am

Hey no presents this year :( Now I have been all over Hemmeldal and never recall seeing a Woodgrouse, so where do I found one of these critters on the map?
Thanks for event

Update on the Woodgrouse, found one :)
Been there done that, have the scars and the MRI to prove it!
Oswald74
Outfitter

Postby Oswald74 » December 7th, 2023, 2:23 pm

Got a "Jule-Cat"!

Looks great!!

MfG L.E. Image

muldo
Outfitter

Postby muldo » December 7th, 2023, 2:47 pm

Many thanks for this great event. Really enjoying the atmosphere again. One Rudolph so far from 28 Reindeer, finding the 9Kg+ female fox seems the big challenge for me. Enjoy all.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Postby Dr_ViEr » December 7th, 2023, 3:21 pm

Oswald74 wrote:Got a "Jule-Cat"!

Looks great!!

MfG L.E. Image

Can you share an Image? To know what to look for...
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”