National Flip Flop Day 2023

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: National Flip Flop Day 2023

Post by JimboCrow »

CatznCurlz wrote:I don't ever have this issue and I play all the time and every event for that matter. I myself and 1 other person had the same issue a few days ago, a couple of our hunts were delayed. I'm not as concerned w/ the updated hunts as much as the fact the fox didn't count. I just don't know if it was related or not. I guess I'll just go try for another one.
I am currently on TGT doing the Mule Deer Comp, and I was doing a Travel Mission at the same time. I just got through half of the location objectives and most of the harvest objectives, and when I checked my progress after reaching another location... it had reset the mission to the start: no objectives complete. This is the server experiencing difficulty. A lot more people are going to have problems if the devs don't get on it soon. It is a cumulative effect and gets steadily worse until it crashes. This has happened in many events over the years, and it's happening again now.
OneManBand

Post by OneManBand »

I thoroughly approve of this craziness. and it's nice to get another chance for stuff too :)
CatznCurlz
Hunter

Post by CatznCurlz »

Just shot another fox, same map, same weapon, followed all rules and fox did not count. Now something is going on and I'm not sure what I can do because this is the only animal I need for the event mission.

Here is the animal link: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/catz ... /949828389
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Mission set completed, fun and some good challenges. Best of luck all.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

CatznCurlz wrote:Just shot another fox, same map, same weapon, followed all rules and fox did not count. Now something is going on and I'm not sure what I can do because this is the only animal I need for the event mission.

Here is the animal link: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/catz ... /949828389
Hi CatznCurlz!! Wow, that's some rotten luck right there. It must be a bug in the mission. Maybe the .17 HMV just doesn't count for the task. I used a .223 on the fox so I don't know if the .17 HMV works or not. Hopefully someone else knows.

The only other possibility I can even think of is that maybe the foxes had been spooked and hadn't quite calmed down yet? Is that possible? In both cases they were trotting, but if they were coming to your call then they clearly weren't spooked. :shock:
CatznCurlz
Hunter

Post by CatznCurlz »

So we checked other players who got the fox and it counted. Looks like it's the trotting stage. Even though they weren't spooked, I shot them as they trotted towards me. I just shot one that was walking and I got it! The foxes can trot when spooked but also when they aren't so we are thinking that's the bug. Anyway, glad to be done!
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

CatznCurlz wrote:So we checked other players who got the fox and it counted. Looks like it's the trotting stage. Even though they weren't spooked, I shot them as they trotted towards me. I just shot one that was walking and I got it! The foxes can trot when spooked but also when they aren't so we are thinking that's the bug. Anyway, glad to be done!
There is probably only one option - the fox was still in a state of alarm. Perhaps going down from the house "Maison du Néant" you scared her. And congratulations on completing the mission. ;)
CatznCurlz
Hunter

Post by CatznCurlz »

They definitely were not spooked. I was at the river and called the predator call and these foxes came out of the woods trotting to me, then walking, then trottong. They cannot be in the trotting state. Thank you!
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

CatznCurlz wrote:They definitely were not spooked. I was at the river and called the predator call and these foxes came out of the woods trotting to me, then walking, then trottong. They cannot be in the trotting state. Thank you!
Good job on completing, must be the 17HMR, I used the .223 to bag my fox.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I completed mine with the .17 HMR.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”