Map setups for multiplayer

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
smmclamb

Map setups for multiplayer

Post by smmclamb »

Following the summer sales as well as some mission grinding and resets I’m sitting on a pretty decent amount of tents, stands and towers. It seems like TGT is the most popular map to host on multiplayer games with a large amount of stands/towers and tents spread out for people to join and still hunt or run the train tracks and mountains. I just wanted to see if there were other maps people felt like they would like to see fully setup on multiplayer games to hop in randomly or if people really prefer timbergold what stands and tents are must haves for them.
SRV
Tracker

Re: Map setups for multiplayer

Post by SRV »

WHI could be a great map to have multiple setups.
- Many species to hunt.
- Two islands to spread the setups.
- Two islands for the players to hunt without really be in the way of each other.
- Great areas to explore. Some fields are awesome for TS & Turkey decoys.
- There are already lots of permanent towers to choose from.

Good luck
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

SRV wrote:WHI could be a great map to have multiple setups.
- Many species to hunt.
- Two islands to spread the setups.
- Two islands for the players to hunt without really be in the way of each other.
- Great areas to explore. Some fields are awesome for TS & Turkey decoys.
- There are already lots of permanent towers to choose from.

Good luck
Kinda like this?

SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

...Yes, or like this...
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

smmclamb wrote:Following the summer sales as well as some mission grinding and resets I’m sitting on a pretty decent amount of tents, stands and towers. It seems like TGT is the most popular map to host on multiplayer games with a large amount of stands/towers and tents spread out for people to join and still hunt or run the train tracks and mountains. I just wanted to see if there were other maps people felt like they would like to see fully setup on multiplayer games to hop in randomly or if people really prefer timbergold what stands and tents are must haves for them.
for me it is val des bois, I love this place and there are so many possibilities (I live nearby and in real life my hunting place) ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Post by EricGiftzahn »

Lately curly put a lot of efford in his TGT setup

smmclamb

Post by smmclamb »

calamar2000 wrote:
smmclamb wrote:Following the summer sales as well as some mission grinding and resets I’m sitting on a pretty decent amount of tents, stands and towers. It seems like TGT is the most popular map to host on multiplayer games with a large amount of stands/towers and tents spread out for people to join and still hunt or run the train tracks and mountains. I just wanted to see if there were other maps people felt like they would like to see fully setup on multiplayer games to hop in randomly or if people really prefer timbergold what stands and tents are must haves for them.
for me it is val des bois, I love this place and there are so many possibilities (I live nearby and in real life my hunting place) ;)
Getting my Val setup going kinda slowly. Setting up all my climbing gear and tents for everyone that wants to hunt the mountains, my main route on Val is running the river for the most part. I’ve decided to make my goal for now 100 harvests for each species and starting a new weapon once I hit 100 harvests with one. I’ll throw a barrel and some stands on the river once I hit 100 red deer and I’m sitting in the mountains after that.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

I think WHI is one of the worst maps to hunt with multiple people, especially with 8.

Let's say there are 8 people on a TGT server, and out of 8 people, 4 decide they want to stand hunt, that's fine, there's an imaginary circle around them for 400 meters that no one can enter, and the stand hunters will have a good time, but the 4 roam hunters, they need lots of space, let's say 1 guy hunts mountains, 1 guy hunts west elk side, 1 guy hunts east mule/elk side, and we are already out of space for the 4th and last roam hunter.
Now imagine that, but with a reserve a third the size of timber gold trails.

I fail to understand how more than 4 people can have enough space on WHI to comfortably hunt.

Not to mention, WHI seems to only have 1 "biome" which is just northern USA forest, a map like Timbergold trails has Mountains, River, Green forest, Golden forest. Timbergold trails has at least 6 log cabins in spots of interest, or hidden in the forest, there's even an outhouse and a stone observation tower.

The animals put into WHI were made for stand hunting, turkeys, elk, whitetail, blacktail, bobcat, coyote, all have some sort of 200-meter caller, the island is very thin along the mid-northern side, which makes it perfect for seeing a high animal density. TGT can be hunted in many more ways. Sheep don't have caller, puma are extremely skittish felines that make you work for every harvest, some angry salmon eating bears to kill you at any second, elk to bugle into your ears, packs of wolfs to track down and examine.

What I am trying to say is, reserves like Loggers, WHI, Settlers, Hirchfelden, Hammeldal, or any small maps are not meant to be hunted with 8 people, they simply won't have the necessary area. Reserves like WRR and TGT and RFF are made for hosting large servers because all the hunters will have enough space, and it's so diverse people won't get bored of them. I choose to host TGT every day for up to 16 hours a day for that specific reason.
CAMuleyMan
Tracker

Post by CAMuleyMan »

I got one to rival his lol
Yeah, I'm that guy that hunts mule deer :D

Return to “Multiplayer”