Animal Spook Detection issues (Bucks)

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Animal Spook Detection issues (Bucks)

Post by TheJimDirt »

I have been playing in Redfeather Falls for the last few days , I have not played hardly at all in a while (most of this year due to health issues) , so not sure what Update changes has been made to the Animals , but the issue I am noticing is , I can be in a tree stand , or on the ground , I can see a deer in the distance and I am crouched and NOT moving at all , and just watching it thru Binoculars , then all of a sudden it runs and the message pops up saying I spooked the animal ... I did NOTHING and it was plenty far enough away that it should not have spooked even if I jumped up and down and yelled Ya Hoo ! , it has done this with almost every buck I have encountered , especially when I am using the compound bow , I do not recall it doing this before my time away from the game ... a least not on this map ...

Then IF I do get to shoot it , I place the shot carefully and it just runs away and the Tracking says Heart/Lung , but it just runs off , and I mean runs off like a long distance , or says Heart/Lung , then changes to Body after about 6 Track bubbles , then when I finally track it half way across the map , it says Hip/Body or Intestine , which is NOT where I shot/hit it . I clearly hit the front shoulder area and the arrow is in the butt , sometimes on the opposite side I shot it at .... this is with a compound bow , every time this happens , if I shoot it with a gun (and make a lot of noise because of the BANG and scare every other deer within a mile away , then the hit detection is accurate and it drops where it stood , same goes for every other animal I hit with the 7mm Bullpup , but the compound bow has some serious issue with hit detection , that it did not have before , on the Moose (Bull) it seems like it works ok , even on Elk if I get the shot right , it will drop where I shot it , even the Bears , its just the Bucks

But mainly the spook distance is just stupid unrealistic (for the bucks only) , I can stand up/walking in real life (I never have to crouch real life hunting unless its to stop and steady my aim) and walk within 50 yards of a deer without it spooking out in the open desert terrain with nothing but sagebrush hiding me , sometimes not even that , at the most it will stare at me , then trot off then stop about 20 yards away and go back to what it was doing (Mule Deer) ... these deer at least on that map can detect a mosquito at 400 yards and run 1/2 mile because of it and take all its friends with it , it is just not right or even remotely accurate , so one of these past updates must have changed something with them ,, I can almost walk right up to a cow moose on the same map and it does nothing . then stares at me for a few seconds when I am less than 20 yards away then it runs off , same goes for a doe , but a buck is ridiculously spooked by literally doing nothing and I am wearing scent spray so I don't stink or something , and wearing a Ghillie suit so it should not see me , especially if I am crouched and NOT moving at all

Ideas ?? , or will anyone look into this ?? , or better yet , Fix it and make the Spook range double or quadruple its current distance so as to be even somewhat realistic and not so annoying ...
jttoo
Hunter

Re: Animal Spook Detection issues (Bucks)

Post by jttoo »

I too have been away for quite a while, and have not encountered this. However I have not been hunting RFF at all, and mainly only use that reserve for Black Bear missions, and other missions that specifically call out that reserve.

If you are looking for Elk, lower Whitehart island is a good place, also the middle of the upper island has reliable spawn of elk.

Which compound bow is causing the problems? I have not seen any changes in the Snakebite while hunting Whitehart/Loggers.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have just had a blacktail buck stick the nose in the air, then run away from 30m. Was surprised to see this and thought "have they changed something?"...
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

And just now for the third time, coyotes spooking under the treestand too.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

HooCairs wrote:And just now for the third time, coyotes spooking under the treestand too.
OK , So it's not just me then ... That is reassuring that it sounds like there is a issue ... Hopefully someone can look into this ASAP , as its real annoying when I can't figure out how I spooked them or how to prevent it
TheJimDirt
Tracker

Post by TheJimDirt »

jttoo wrote:I too have been away for quite a while, and have not encountered this. However I have not been hunting RFF at all, and mainly only use that reserve for Black Bear missions, and other missions that specifically call out that reserve.

If you are looking for Elk, lower Whitehart island is a good place, also the middle of the upper island has reliable spawn of elk.

Which compound bow is causing the problems? I have not seen any changes in the Snakebite while hunting Whitehart/Loggers.
I am using the Parker Python ... I played again last night and noted that I shot 2 from a stand and both were right under me and they both died ... where I was in the map may be also playing into this , as I had spooked them , then went across the stream , and the animals did not seem to spook out of the ordinary , then went back near where I camped , and they spooked again , so location may be a factor , but it makes no sense

Where I was in the map ... The Blue is where they always spooked , the Red area I did not have issues (at least last night) ... so its seems to be possibly location related , but I have not moved around enough on the map to confirm or disprove this is a location issue and more of a actual specific animal issue , but for sure they always spooked way too easily in the Blue area and a bit beyond it (Blue/Red just a general location but the area may actually be larger for each)
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Are you perhaps playing a multiplayer game?

In MP, bows sound as loud as gun shots, which is a real disincentive to using MP games. It is unfortunate that they have not been able to fix this bug, for years now!?

Can you try using the Snakebite bow? Tests have shown that it is quieter than the PP.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Okay folks, please do not reply anymore. This is a bug report not a question period. The report has been filed- and all relevant info has been posted. Thanks, from your friendly, Mod Squad. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Animals”