Multi effect duck retrieval bug.

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Multi effect duck retrieval bug.

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Duck on a rope.

Messed up duck retrieving today on the "Rag".
The following happened 4 or 5 times in my one hunt today.

Some ducks are not being retrieved in the dogs mouth but follow along behind
about 2 meters in a highly agitated state as if on a string.
The dog is unable to deposit the duck in the blind and in some cases the hunter is
forced out of the blind while the duck goes bouncing across the terrain and disappears.
The dog is unable to retrieve the duck again and only respond to the command with ? ? ?.
The only way to locate the duck is to turn on or off the sunglasses and the duck can be
seen in its death bubble.
The duck can be harvested by the hunter going after it Himself.

If the hunter is forced from the blind, as can happen when this bug occurs, items in the dog
Pack such as med kit , Scent reducer, camping supplies and ammo is returned to the lodge
or tent.

Video here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cyQdZ ... sp=sharing

P.S added info.
PC ... single player mode.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
SRV
Tracker

Re: Multi effect duck retrieval bug.

Post by SRV »

Would be nice to know what causes this &/or how to avoid this issue, because I have it a lot, in each of my games. Gets annoying because if you are not vigilant & look at your Dog retrieving each of them all the time, you might lose some.

Here are my coordinates when I'm in my waterfowl: X -3388 / Y 10029

Thank you
Mysen
Scout

Post by Mysen »

Yes the bug with the bouncing ducks on a "string" happens quite often, and the bouncing ducks can sometimes bounce you out of the blind.
Just got bounced out of my blind and almost 3 kilometers straight up in the air. (see pic.)

mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

I think it happens when the duck drifts away from where it was when the dog was sent to retrieve it. The dog goes to where the duck was and still picks it up, but the duck isn't in the same spot a causing the separation.

I've never been launched into space form it before though, that would be terrifying :o

Yet another reason for me to avoid duck hunting whenever possible :?
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)

Return to “Animals”