Strange bug - Sambar deer getting stuck at one place after being shot with the recurve bow

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Redynner

Strange bug - Sambar deer getting stuck at one place after being shot with the recurve bow

Post by Redynner »

Hello hunters,

I have encountered a strange bug (twice so far) while doing the Sambar Epidemic mission , making it impossible for me to complete the mission.

After shooting the male Sambar deer with the recurve bow (I have a pretty bad skill with that weapon, but to my knowledge when an arrow hits an animal it should die sooner or later in this game) the deer runs away and when I track it down it just stands in one spot not minding me at all! The blood showed it was a lung shot.

https://ibb.co/DtmrpgK

Did anyone encountered this issue and if so, how can I solve it? It already hapenned to me TWICE.

Regards
Redynner
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Strange bug - Sambar deer getting stuck at one place after being shot with the recurve bow

Post by JimboCrow »

Yes, this is a well known bug. I'm sure they are working on it, but as yet there has been no fix.
BCKidd

Re: Strange bug - Sambar deer getting stuck at one place after being shot with the recurve bow

Post by BCKidd »

Yes, this has happened in the past. It is a rare bug that still occurs every now and again. ;) Peace,

EDIT: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=91321

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Redynner wrote:Hello hunters,

I have encountered a strange bug (twice so far) while doing the Sambar Epidemic mission , making it impossible for me to complete the mission.

After shooting the male Sambar deer with the recurve bow (I have a pretty bad skill with that weapon, but to my knowledge when an arrow hits an animal it should die sooner or later in this game) the deer runs away and when I track it down it just stands in one spot not minding me at all! The blood showed it was a lung shot.

https://ibb.co/DtmrpgK

Did anyone encountered this issue and if so, how can I solve it? It already hapenned to me TWICE.

Regards
Redynner
Happened to me earlier today, I sat down beside it till it bled out. Took 10mins. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ogru ... /809887416
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Oh, well thats good to know that they will still bleed out while stuck. I've encountered this quite a few times which is surprising considering how few Sambar I have hunted.
Redynner

Post by Redynner »

Thx guys, you were right, I waited for about 10mins and the animal did bleed out.

Not hunting the Sambar with the recurve bow anymore again :D Mission accomplished.

Cheers.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

This bug occurs often when Sambhur or Rusa are shot with any Bow. I use mostly 10 point or snakebite. The predetermining factor is always when it is a single lung shot.
Have had this bug Numerous times. The animal will be frozen on the spot and you can walk right up to them without them fleeing.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Animals”