Sambhur incorrectly recording head shots.

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Sambhur incorrectly recording head shots.

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Can someone have a look at why sambhur report incorrect hits from frontal chest shots. A front on chest shot into the brisket area will often record a headshot when the strike point is nowhere near the head. This becomes problematic when competing in such competitions a immaculate antlers. I hunt Sambhur often and have seen this problem occur many times when the strike mark seen through the scope is clearly in the front of the chest and nowhere near the head. Today failed to count a frontal chest by including skull on a 180 t0 240 range stag during the current Immaculate antler competition.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Brutus969
Scout

Re: Sambhur incorrectly recording head shots.

Post by Brutus969 »

Sambar hit boxes have not been done properly. Shoot down between the shoulder blades to get heart/lung and you will almost always hit spine 3. Hit further back and it's spine 2. I don't think I've ever hit spine 1 - possible that spine 1 & 3 are just swapped.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

LeX13Strelok
Spotter

Re: Sambhur incorrectly recording head shots.

Post by LeX13Strelok »

This problem is much more common with Sambar Deer, but also with Rusa Deer. When viewing the history of false injuries of the head is no longer there.
https://youtu.be/CQ0ShlpeUyw

Return to “Animals”