Bug Report: Goat hit with blood trail and follow up kill shot, but does not record 2 hits.

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Bug Report: Goat hit with blood trail and follow up kill shot, but does not record 2 hits.

Post by JimboCrow »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP
Hunter Name: JimboCrow

Description:
First hit on a goat shows blood splatter and blood trail for at least 3 tracks (usually intestine hit) and health drops to below 50%, even as low as 13%, but the goat survives. After tracking for a follow up shot, the second hit kills the goat but ONLY A SINGLE HIT is recorded on the score sheet (the last one) and Harvest Value is 100% (or very close to that.) The first shot taken is not recorded in the final hunt stats whatsoever. I have CONFIRMED this by counting the number of shots taken during the hunt, and comparing that to the number of shots recorded with the weapon at the end of the hunt. See my hunt stats for the hunt listed in "Additional Information" section below.

Steps to Reproduce:
I have had this happen at least 4 times over the last 2 weeks, but it is completely random. Weapon used: Inline Muzzleloader. If I can record on a video I will post later. Also, next time I will let the goat live and check for a letter from Doc.

Additional Information:
During the following hunt I fired 10 shots with the Inline Muzzleloader (new box of shells loaded from inventory after last kill) but stats show only 9 shots with 100% kill ratio: 2017-07-21 09:37 1h 4m 29s Bushrangers Run Copper Hills 0 13. The goat in question is third last harvested with a score of 101.22.

My Computer
Platform: Confirmed on at least 4 separate occasions on different computers: one Intel 6700K and one AMD Ryzen 1800X.
OS & Version: Windows 10 Pro 64bit ver 1703
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Bug Report: Goat hit with blood trail and follow up kill shot, but does not record 2 hits.

Post by Hawkeye »

Jimbo, if you have this happen again & can provide a video, please do. Thanks.
MeistaRulez
Scout

Re: Bug Report: Goat hit with blood trail and follow up kill shot, but does not record 2 hits.

Post by MeistaRulez »

Old thread, I know, but I just had the same thing happen to me while using the Anschütz .308.
It showed one blood track (intestines) and after stalking the goat and shooting it again (single lung), it only registered the second. Also, 0 seconds wound time and 100% harvest value.

Return to “Animals”