Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #45

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Re: Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #45

Post by BCKidd »

:arrow: Lucky, yes sir, that is a nice one! There is fresh linen on all the beds at the DNF Hotel, I assume we'll almost have a full house! ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

This competition has Officially ended!
Thanks to all who played along. :D
I will announce the winners in 90 minutes!
I hope to see you all there, and anyone else who wants to join in.
The more the merrier! :)
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Well, I may have to take a room in the DNF hotel, but at least it'll be a nicer room. I'm not checking in empty handed after all. :)

Attempt 1: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /118007322 - no submission
Attempt 2: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /118024984 - no submission
Attempt 3: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /118045633

Red Fox: (13.9553 + 6.330 kgs.) = 20.2853 / B&C Scoresheet link: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/spla ... /945793562
(+)
Red Fox: (Score + Weight in kgs.) B&C Scoresheet link:

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

BCKidd wrote:Yeah it seemed to me that it was there sometimes and sometimes not. I looked at a few hunt histories and one of our tougher competitors, managed 8 consecutive :shock: brain shots out of 12 kills! I was like OMG that is damn impressive. The only thing I see stopping them from a full submission is not finding any crazy colored foxes. They have the brain shot figured out! :shock: ;) . I did send a few workers over to the DNF Hotel to clear out a few rooms :P , I think there will be residences there soon. :lol: :lol: .

BCKidd.
It could have been a lot more, but I kind of stopped trying too hard on the red foxes. I probably saw 20+ red foxes that hunt (didn't even spot them all). The brain shots weren't difficult for me. There just weren't any odd colors out there and I didn't have a chance to hop on today for another jaunt through the desert. I found it a fun challenge though. It's nice to see a real challenge every once in a while!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

xOEDragonx wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Yeah it seemed to me that it was there sometimes and sometimes not. I looked at a few hunt histories and one of our tougher competitors, managed 8 consecutive :shock: brain shots out of 12 kills! I was like OMG that is damn impressive. The only thing I see stopping them from a full submission is not finding any crazy colored foxes. They have the brain shot figured out! :shock: ;) . I did send a few workers over to the DNF Hotel to clear out a few rooms :P , I think there will be residences there soon. :lol: :lol: .

BCKidd.
It could have been a lot more, but I kind of stopped trying too hard on the red foxes. I probably saw 20+ red foxes that hunt (didn't even spot them all). The brain shots weren't difficult for me. There just weren't any odd colors out there and I didn't have a chance to hop on today for another jaunt through the desert. I found it a fun challenge though. It's nice to see a real challenge every once in a while!
I imagine the big difference is using a gun that could utilize the zoom of the 5.5-22x56mm scope, I wouldn't try this with a .243 or .17 which have much less useful scopes.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The winners of this competition are:
1st Place CatznCurlz! 6 Points with a score of 55.4400.
2nd Place Faultier! 5 Points with a score of 49.6940.
3rd Place napeHb_c_neperapom_DK! 3 Points with a score of 47.7329.
Congratulations to the top three scorers!
Thanks to all who took part! 8-)
Remember folks if your name is listed there, you can also participate in the more elite "Forum League" comps. :D
BCKidd.

Keep it real!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Deconstructed wrote:I imagine the big difference is using a gun that could utilize the zoom of the 5.5-22x56mm scope, I wouldn't try this with a .243 or .17 which have much less useful scopes.
You know what's really odd? I didn't use the Eagle scope. I used my Bushrangers loadout which existed long before the Eagle scope, and my .223 is in the loadout with the 12x scope because it was the best scope at the time I made the loadout. I don't think I've ever attempted to put the Eagle on it, so I actually didn't realize that was an option.

I still don't know if that would have helped anybody. The brain hitbox on the fox is fairly easy to hit from the front or back, but from the side or quartering, you need to aim a little lower than you think. Base of the ears is the best spot for the brain hitbox. Aim any higher and you'll get skull or body every time.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:I imagine the big difference is using a gun that could utilize the zoom of the 5.5-22x56mm scope, I wouldn't try this with a .243 or .17 which have much less useful scopes.
You know what's really odd? I didn't use the Eagle scope. I used my Bushrangers loadout which existed long before the Eagle scope, and my .223 is in the loadout with the 12x scope because it was the best scope at the time I made the loadout. I don't think I've ever attempted to put the Eagle on it, so I actually didn't realize that was an option.

I still don't know if that would have helped anybody. The brain hitbox on the fox is fairly easy to hit from the front or back, but from the side or quartering, you need to aim a little lower than you think. Base of the ears is the best spot for the brain hitbox. Aim any higher and you'll get skull or body every time.
12x50, still big zoom. Same idea, different scope.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Deconstructed wrote:12x50, still big zoom. Same idea, different scope.
The .17 also takes the 12x scope. Only the .243 would have been at a disadvantage and even then, the 10x scope it does take isn't much different. The Eagle is the only one that is significantly more powerful. Still doesn't matter if you don't know where to aim.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Ok, that was really tough! :shock: More than half of the competitors that tried ended up with "a room at the DNF hotel", and a full third of them ended up with rooms in the basement! :o Still, a room in the basement is better than no room at all, so congratulations are absolutely in order for everyone that even made an attempt on this one! Go Team Forum! :D

Catz, you did a great job! You made this look easy! :D
Faultier, nice job! (that's the nicest thing I'll say, because I still blame you for unlocking BCKidd's evil again) ;)
Nape, I was amazed at how quickly you were able to finish! :)
Congrats to these winners! :D :D

BCKidd, you just got lucky! But, you were able to prove my mantra that posting a really low score is better than posting nothing at all. Still, shame on you for shooting that baby fox! :lol:

Hope to see everyone in Picabeen! We can at least take solace in the fact that BCKidd hates that map! :lol: :lol:

Next Gen Mini-Competition R2 #45 (Unofficial) Final Score Results
~~NAME~~Total
1.CatznCurlz~~55.4400
2.Faultier ~~49.6940
3.napeHb_c_nep~~47.7329
4.BCKidd~~29.2358
DNF.xOEDragonx~~25.4030
DNF.splainin2do~~20.2853
DNF.ppgunz~~17.1928
DNF.Smokin1~~0
DNF.LuckyMurph~~0
DNF.TurboKid~~0