Community Comp Revisional Scoring System

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

Community Comp Revisional Scoring System

Post by BCKidd »

This is the way the new scoring in Rotation 3 and Beyond will look like.

For the three Tiers: 1st Place 6 points, 2nd Place 5 points, 3rd place 3 points, per mini-comp win. Pro Tier Competitors will need 30 points to get a payout of 500EM$ + Gold Trophy. Advancing Tier Competitors will need 30 points to get a payout of 500EM$ + Gold Trophy. Beginning Tier Competitors will need 30 points to get a payout of 1000EM$ + Gold Trophy. Anything over 30 points gets carried over to your next score.

Non-participation in any mini-comp does not subtract from any points you accumulate. Your points accumulate with each and every win!

Pro Tier: 30 points = 500EM$.
Advancing Tier: 30 Points = 500EM$.
Beginning Tier: 30 Points = 1000EM$.

Pro Tier:
40000- 50000+

1st Place 6 Points
2nd Place 5 Points
3rd Place 3 Points
1st Time Complete Submission without placing 1 Point
Incomplete Score (IS) 0 Points

Advancing Tier:
26000-39999

1st Place 6 Points
2nd Place 5 Points
3rd Place 3 Points

Beginning Tier:
0-25999

1st Place 6 Points
2nd Place 5 Points
3rd Place 3 Points

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BCKidd

Re: Community Comp Revisional Scoring System

Post by BCKidd »

So, this is what I have worked out starting in Rotation #3 and Beyond. I hope this will also bring in more competitors. Thoughts? ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

BCKidd wrote:So, this is what I have worked out starting in Rotation #3 and Beyond. I hope this will also bring in more competitors. Thoughts? ;)

BCKidd.
What kind of thoughts would you like to hear ? ;) Because my first thoughts are not overly positive :?
Stats
Spoiler:
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

I can't see why this wouldn't work. Encouraging the lower skilled individuals to compete more on their level, so that they can build their skills and possibly their inventory, so that in the future comps they can compete against the Elite and have real chances of knocking the top dog off the platform... You know I'll compete, it always a challenge and fun.
Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Faultier wrote:
BCKidd wrote:So, this is what I have worked out starting in Rotation #3 and Beyond. I hope this will also bring in more competitors. Thoughts? ;)

BCKidd.
What kind of thoughts would you like to hear ? ;) Because my first thoughts are not overly positive :?
Well if your thoughts need :twisted: expletives send me a PM. :lol: :lol:

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

I like it as it addresses a couple things. Players not as experienced feeling they can't compete so why bother. The first submission single point means the forum league is for everyone (not just top 3 winners).

The number of classes and related hunter scores, I guess try it and see, might need tweaking. The em$ payout doesn't matter to me, I imagine it will for some.
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

BCKidd wrote:
Faultier wrote:

BCKidd.

BCKidd.
Nah :lol: :lol: Let's keep it mannered for now , I am saving up on the curse words for that evil 500 + reindeer that is still running around out there with my name on it :twisted: :lol:

I hope I am wrong here ,so feel free to correct me but this is how see it.

I don't understand why you want to split up our small group of competitors even further.
The tiers work for EW cause they can pick from hundrets of players. We normaly have around 6-10.
With my HS of 37k+ i would be in tier 2 "battling" it out with Lucky and maybe Edut if he finds the time to join. 2 -3 people fighting for place in the top 3? and that over and over again ? how exciting. :roll: :?
That also means just posting ANY score would be enough to get points. How about giving everyone that enters the right reserve a lollipop ? :lol:
And what if a player from a lower tier / lower HS is competetive enough to keep up with the top tier ? Do they have a chance to compete with the best ? Most of the "tier 3 " players have already proven they can beat everyone .
I would like to see new faces and old faces return but 3 seperate comps instead of 1 is questionable. For me, not beeing able to compete with everyone would make the comps less interesting.
Stats
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Faultier wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Faultier wrote:

BCKidd.
Nah :lol: :lol: Let's keep it mannered for now , I am saving up on the curse words for that evil 500 + reindeer that is still running around out there with my name on it :twisted: :lol:

I hope I am wrong here ,so feel free to correct me but this is how see it.

I don't understand why you want to split up our small group of competitors even further.
The tiers work for EW cause they can pick from hundrets of players. We normaly have around 6-10.
With my HS of 37k+ i would be in tier 2 "battling" it out with Lucky and maybe Edut if he finds the time to join. 2 -3 people fighting for place in the top 3? and that over and over again ? how exciting. :roll: :?
That also means just posting ANY score would be enough to get points. How about giving everyone that enters the right reserve a lollipop ? :lol:
And what if a player from a lower tier / lower HS is competetive enough to keep up with the top tier ? Do they have a chance to compete with the best ? Most of the "tier 3 " players have already proven they can beat everyone .
I would like to see new faces and old faces return but 3 seperate comps instead of 1 is questionable. For me, not beeing able to compete with everyone would make the comps less interesting.
The obvious solution to part of your concerns is the ability for a player to opt in to a higher class if they so choose. The limited number of people competing in each class could be problematic. Perhaps 3 placings for the top tier, 2 for the 2nd, winner only for the third? Just my thoughts on possible mitigations to those issues.

Edit: A set number of placings could be just as much of an issue (depending on how many are competing in a class). Possible answer: Max 3 placings (per class) but the number of competitors has to be twice the number of placings. For example: 6+ people competing in a class = top 3 placing, 4-5 competing = only top 2 place, only 1 person competing in a class = they get bumped a class? I'm sure we'd have to see it in-action to know how to best adjust.
Last edited by Deconstructed on April 9th, 2023, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nope, the comps and ROE will be the same for everyone, the comps don't differ nor would the ROE. Having the same skill level competing with competitors of the near to or same skill level allows those competitors to also win. Everyone no matter their skill level will compete against the big dogs in the "Forum League". We will try it out for a bit, I'm sure there will be tweaks before Rotation 3 rolls around. We still have about 9 mini comps and two "Forum League" comps to go I think. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

:arrow: Decon/BC
The only way i see , to climb into a higher tier would be by increasing the Hunterscore.
But is HS really an indicator of skill or how competetive someone is ? Or is it more about the time spend in the game and how effective this time was used ?
If it was about how " good" someone is , our host would win every comp. ;)
Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”