Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #36

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Rigermas
Tracker

Re: Next Gen Mini-Comp R2 #36

Post by Rigermas »

im on lisbon time.
And i was wrong. sorry for the bad submisions.
Rigermas
Tracker

Post by Rigermas »

cgrtz to the winners.
is hard for me, cuy i only have 2-3 hours after work to play and i mix up the hours.
sorry for the extra work kid.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

BCKidd wrote:That could be, but 16:00 is always 16:00. It doesn't change due to DST. ;)
I mean, in a way it sort of does. If someone is in a country that starts DST earlier or later than us in North America, then their understanding of 16:00 is different than ours. Your 16:00 is always my 19:00, and since both of our countries recognized DST on March 12, then your 16:00 is still my 19:00 after the change. For some other countries, DST hasn't started yet. So your 19:00 might have been their 1:00 normally, and now suddenly your 19:00 is their 2:00.

I'm not suggesting that anything be changed, as your post always says, it is the responsibility of the player to know when 19:00 PDT is in their time. But I can see why it would certainly cause confusion to someone in a country that practices DST different than us. Rigermas seemed confused about the hour difference even after you mentioned it so I can only assume that's the cause of confusion. I just figured it would be important to mention so he can be mindful of it in the future, if that is even the case. Certainly wasn't trying to argue.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Rigermas wrote:cgrtz to the winners.
is hard for me, cuy i only have 2-3 hours after work to play and i mix up the hours.
sorry for the extra work kid.
xOEDragonx wrote:
BCKidd wrote:That could be, but 16:00 is always 16:00. It doesn't change due to DST. ;)
I mean, in a way it sort of does. If someone is in a country that starts DST earlier or later than us in North America, then their understanding of 16:00 is different than ours. Your 16:00 is always my 19:00, and since both of our countries recognized DST on March 12, then your 16:00 is still my 19:00 after the change. For some other countries, DST hasn't started yet. So your 19:00 might have been their 1:00 normally, and now suddenly your 19:00 is their 2:00.

I'm not suggesting that anything be changed, as your post always says, it is the responsibility of the player to know when 19:00 PDT is in their time. But I can see why it would certainly cause confusion to someone in a country that practices DST different than us. Rigermas seemed confused about the hour difference even after you mentioned it so I can only assume that's the cause of confusion. I just figured it would be important to mention so he can be mindful of it in the future, if that is even the case. Certainly wasn't trying to argue.
I hate time zones- that is all I'll say. No worries, Rigermas, I had help. And I thank that competitor who helped me. I think I can understand your confusion now regarding Time, but please from now on use the B&C Scoresheet for all submissions. ;)

SCORING: Be sure to use the data from your animal's B&C scoresheet!
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/q7g9JR5n/scorecard.jpg[/bigimg] <------------------------

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

My goodness, do time zones cause confusion! And everyone here said something correct. :)

If Rigermas is in Libson. Portugal, he is currently in the WET time zone. That time zone DOES move clocks ahead and back an hour... but although those of us in EDT/EST and PDT/PST have already moved our clocks ahead, WET will move theirs ahead this weekend.

https://savvytime.com/converter/pdt-to-utc-wet

BCKidd... I do see one thing you could fix in your competition template. In the link to the time conversion website, the letters GMT can be replaced with UTC. That will make it match up with the time noted in the 'in game' competitions.

https://savvytime.com/converter/utc-to-pdt
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I finally finished one big "real life" project, so I'm hoping I can start getting better with these recaps again...

Congrats to everyone that found the swamp deer. I'm actually happy enough to come in last this time! It's always a bit scary to try to sneak in a game at work, just to get things done! ;) :shock:
(I'm *not* addicted to this game; I'm*not* addicted to this game...)

So, If I have it correct, these are the right results for the recap....

Next Gen Mini-Competition R2 #36 (Unofficial) Final Score Results
~~NAME~~Total
1.TheWind7~~544.5984
2.ppgunz~~517.5823
3.xOEDragonx~~503.0098
4.CatznCurlz~~475.7954
5.Rigermas~~475.2746
6.BCKidd~~465.8492
7.LuckyMurph~~396.6251
8.splainin2do~~350.1176
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus