Biggest Wood Forum Competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
splainin2do
Outfitter

Re: Biggest Wood Forum Competition

Post by splainin2do »

xOEDragonx wrote:But really, he should definitely join us and shoot some chubby grouse. The ROE on this one is easy enough that even he'd stand a chance at a place on the podium. ;) It's never too late to get it up and join in on the forum comp madness.
Looking at what I wrote from what he said, are you sure it'd be a good thing for both of us to be on here? ;)
:lol:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

splainin2do wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:But really, he should definitely join us and shoot some chubby grouse. The ROE on this one is easy enough that even he'd stand a chance at a place on the podium. ;) It's never too late to get it up and join in on the forum comp madness.
Looking at what I wrote from what he said, are you sure it'd be a good thing for both of us to be on here? ;)
:lol:
Well of course your better half should join the forums. It'd be cool to see him competing alongside you. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Smokin1 wrote:Question. Do the grouse have to be air borne?
Nope. They don't have an airborne (A) or ground (G) score like some of the other birds. They're similar to the turkeys, just a normal score. They can flee flying or running and I'm honestly not even sure if the scoresheet specifies which one they do if you kill them on the move. Regardless, you don't need to kill them airborne. I like to keep my ROE fairly simply. The goal here is to have you all kill as many as you can and show me all your biggest. Only real disqualifier is if you shoot them >30m. And in my short experience with them, it's easy to get them close. A couple clackety-clacks on the little wooden box and those roosters come in fast and fussing... and not always from the direction you think they should be coming from. Sneaky little buggers, but super fun to hunt so far. I love 'em.
Thanks for answering my question. Thanks for what's going to be a fun comp. But mostly, thanks for all the good info.
Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I hope you all have pitched your tents and packed your ramrods (Just kidding, no muzzleloaders allowed for grouse!) because

This competition has Officially started!

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

That is a cool vid. They're pretty aggressive lil' things ain't they. I'll see you out there folks. 8-)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Rigermas
Tracker

Post by Rigermas »

:roll:
Last edited by Rigermas on February 2nd, 2023, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Rigermas wrote: Hirschfelden–
Attempt 1: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/rige ... /116044482
Unfortunately, this competition only just started at 7:00pm EST. One of the ROE in this competition (as well as in all of BCKidd's competitions) is that hunts must start after the competition start time and end before the competition end time. Since this hunt was started before the competition even began, it is not a valid hunt. The good news though is that because it's not a valid hunt for the competition, it wouldn't have used up one of your attempts. You'll still have all 9 of your attempts, this hunt and the bird you entered already just won't count.

Also just so you're aware, you can post more than one animal at a time for this competition. Improvements are allowed. That means you can enter your 3 best grouse from your first attempt (as long as they were killed at <=30m) and you can replace any or all of them with bigger grouse if you manage to shoot even bigger ones on later attempts. Hope that makes sense!

Glad to see you playing along! Good luck 8-)
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

:arrow: OED. I think you meant <=30.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

TheWind7 wrote::arrow: OED. I think you meant <=30.
I did :D Fixed!
Faultier
Hunter

Post by Faultier »

Time to get me a nice "Auerhahn" or better even 9 of them :lol:
Too bad they are nearly extinct over here (down to less than 1000 specimen) and i never saw one in the wild. :(
Nice they added it to the game so i can atleast see one there :D
May the best Faultier win. :mrgreen:
Good luck @ all
Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”