Biggest Wood Forum Competition

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

*Competition Template borrowed from BCKidd with permission, since it's what most of you are familiar with now!*
Let's see who has the biggest wood on this forum… wood grouse that is!
Four Prizes totaling 5000EM$:

1st Place - 2000EM$
2nd Place - 1500EM$
3rd Place - 1000EM$
4th Place - 500EM$

EM$ will be added to the winners accounts within 48 hours of comp ending.

All submissions must be made in the English language.
~~It is the competitors responsibility to know when the comp starts and ends in their Time Zones.
Here is a handy link: https://savvytime.com/converter/utc-to-edt-pdt
Essentially, I will announce on this thread when the comp officially starts and ends.

RULES & CONDITIONS

SPECIES: Wood Grouse
RESERVES: Hemmeldal, Hirschfelden, Val-des-Bois

STARTS: Wednesday 2023-02-01 16:00 (4:00 PM PDT or 7:00 PM EST)
ENDS: Sunday 2023-02-12 16:00 (4:00 PM PDT or 7:00 PM EST)

Host can compete for Accolades.

DESCRIPTION
The Combined Score of Your 3 Highest Scoring Wood Grouse From Each of Three Maps, For 9 Grouse in Total.

WEAPONS
Any Ethical

SCORING
Combined Scores. Highest Total Score Wins.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS

GENDER SPECIFIC: No
PLATFORMS ALLOWED: Yes
SAME HUNT: No
DISTANCE REQUIREMENT: Submitted grouse must be killed from 30.00m or less
ATTEMPTS: 3 Per Reserve - 9 Attempts Total
SUBMITTED ANIMALS MUST BE HARVESTED: within the first 3 hours Real Time of the hunt. Incudes Pauses.
SHOT PLACEMENT: None
SUBMITTED ANIMALS MUST DIE FROM ONE SHOT: Yes
IMPROVEMENTS: Yes, you can improve one or more grouse for each attempt.
OTHER ANIMALS CAN BE HARVESTED: Yes
TIE BREAKER: Highest Total Number of All Grouse (M+F) Killed in All 9 Attempts Wins
ROE: Once your 3 attempts are used up for any one reserve – ROE is no longer in effect for that specific reserve.

GAME MODE

SP only
MP hunts on comp reserves must have at least one animal harvested or it will count as a SP hunt. MP hunts do not count toward Attempts/Attempt Time.

STANDARD REQUIREMENTS

Hunts should be submitted immediately after completing the hunt. Max 90 min. (No Sandbagging)
NOTE: If you start another hunt before submitting, your previous hunt is not eligible.
Hunts must start after the competition starts, and end before the competition ends to be valid.

*Hunt start times on competition reserves must be 60 minutes apart. (No Spawnmashing)

If you have a 26 minute hunt you must wait 34 minutes to start another hunt. Hunts < 5 minutes long with no distance traveled, no animals spotted or tracked (disconnects, can't connect to server) are exempt from this rule.

Until something better comes along- Here is the Blueprint you can use. I will check all winning entries & Hunt Histories.

(Copy/Paste) To add your score.
-----------------------------------------------
Hemmeldal–
Attempt 1: Hunt link here
Attempt 2: Hunt link here
Attempt 3: Hunt link here

Hirschfelden–

Val-des-Bois–

Hemmeldal Grouse #1 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)
+
Hemmeldal Grouse #2 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)
+
Hemmeldal Grouse #3 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)
+
Hirschfelden Grouse #1 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)
+
Hirschfelden Grouse #2 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)
+
Hirschfelden Grouse #3 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)
+
Val-des-Bois Grouse #1 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)
+
Val-des-Bois Grouse #2 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)
+
Val-des-Bois Grouse #3 = (score) B&C Scoresheet = (Link here)

SCORING: Be sure to use the data from your animal's B&C scoresheet!
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/q7g9JR5n/scorecard.jpg[/bigimg]

STANDINGS:
You can view the current unofficial standings at: Biggest Wood Comp Standings
These numbers are updated manually twice a day and are provided for you to help verify your posted scores within 24 hours.
If your posted score does not match what is in these standings, it will be shown in a yellow box. Please check your submission. These standings do NOT account for the ROE being followed.

CONDITIONS

I will be participating for Accolades only. I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time. I reserve the right to disqualify any participant at my discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, spawn-mashing, et. al. Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring will be addressed by the competition host as expediently as possible.
BCKidd

Re: Biggest Wood Forum Competition

Post by BCKidd »

I love that banner! "Who's got the biggest wood". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm still laughin' at that. Count me in. :lol: :lol:

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
napeHb_c_neperapom_DK
Hunter

Post by napeHb_c_neperapom_DK »

BCKidd wrote:I love that banner! "Who's got the biggest wood". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm still laughin' at that. Count me in. :lol: :lol:

BCKidd.
I'll be breathing down your back :D :D :D
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Holy Nape- that was a slaughter! :lol: :lol:

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

hmmm... I'll give it a go.. should be loads of fun... One question, as I did not read it in the ROE, and please forgive the question if it is silly.. That being said.. Question. Do the grouse have to be air borne?
Smokin1

( I'm trying to be good, and I am biting my tongue, so many things could be said about the biggest Wood, and rulers and Woody Wood *****.... I can't believe that word got blocked, Woody was a cartoon back in my day.. wow :o :lol: ;) )
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Smokin1 wrote:hmmm... I'll give it a go.. should be loads of fun... One question, as I did not read it in the ROE, and please forgive the question if it is silly.. That being said.. Question. Do the grouse have to be air borne?
Smokin1

( I'm trying to be good, and I am biting my tongue, so many things could be said about the biggest Wood, and rulers and Woody Wood *****.... I can't believe that word got blocked, Woody was a cartoon back in my day.. wow :o :lol: ;) )
I hardly think that xOEDragonx would be anywhere as near to cruel and dastardly evil as BCKidd is with his ROEs. I'm sure that they will not have to be airborne. :D

I'm surprised Woodpecker got blocked, too... aha! Perhaps because you wrote it as two words?
I'd play the game "Let's see what words won't get blocked..." , but I don't think I want the moderators to go after me! ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Smokin1 wrote:Question. Do the grouse have to be air borne?
Nope. They don't have an airborne (A) or ground (G) score like some of the other birds. They're similar to the turkeys, just a normal score. They can flee flying or running and I'm honestly not even sure if the scoresheet specifies which one they do if you kill them on the move. Regardless, you don't need to kill them airborne. I like to keep my ROE fairly simply. The goal here is to have you all kill as many as you can and show me all your biggest. Only real disqualifier is if you shoot them >30m. And in my short experience with them, it's easy to get them close. A couple clackety-clacks on the little wooden box and those roosters come in fast and fussing... and not always from the direction you think they should be coming from. Sneaky little buggers, but super fun to hunt so far. I love 'em.
TheWind7
Outfitter

Post by TheWind7 »

Cool comp! 8-) Thanks OED, it looks fun! Catchy title too! :lol:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I told hubby about this one, as sometimes I think he might enjoy the forum comps. He considered it, but thought it might be too hard. He likes taking nice clear shots with no trees in the way, so he asked "Do you get extra points for getting one in the bush?" I talk to him about the fun I have with you all, and how good you are, and he thinks there will be some really stiff competition.

From what we're hearing, though, these birds are pretty easy to nail. He is sure that everyone will be able to score, and that even Rad will limp to the finish.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

splainin2do wrote:I told hubby about this one, as sometimes I think he might enjoy the forum comps. He considered it, but thought it might be too hard. He likes taking nice clear shots with no trees in the way, so he asked "Do you get extra points for getting one in the bush?" I talk to him about the fun I have with you all, and how good you are, and he thinks there will be some really stiff competition.

From what we're hearing, though, these birds are pretty easy to nail. He is sure that everyone will be able to score, and that even Rad will limp to the finish.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But really, he should definitely join us and shoot some chubby grouse. The ROE on this one is easy enough that even he'd stand a chance at a place on the podium. ;) It's never too late to get it up and join in on the forum comp madness.

Return to “Competitions”